Braemar Cruise Review by ucruzeusnuze: Absolute Bergen-ers or Norwegian would I go again

Braemar 4
ucruzeusnuze
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Absolute Bergen-ers or Norwegian would I go again

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Dover

SWMBO had been pestering me to go on a cruise for years. She has been on several without me due to various work commitments. However she pinned me down to this one. What was i expecting, not to sure tbh. Embarkation was steady and organised, and the meet and greet was good. In fact, for me the highlight of the trip was the level of service we received from the staff, which was top rate. Food came a close second, with a variety of excellent meals available in the evening, breakfast and lunch were mainly a buffet/as much as you can eat arrangement, but still good.

The ship itself had all the restaurants at the stern, which meant a long trek for the Father-in-law from the cabin for every meal, and the Ship got kicked about quite badly in the North Sea, so much so that some travellers elected to fly home rather than face it again.

The night time entertainment was good, with a variety of acts from a world class cellist to an easy listening trio. The on-board drinks were More reasonably priced (certainly compared to Norway).

I was a bit disappointed with the 'buy this photo or DVD' at nearly every turn, but as a no frills deal, it was only to be expected.

Overall, would i go again? possibly not as it's not my thing, however SWMBO was happy and that's what counts. Less

Published 09/10/11

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X