Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by debbiedebdoo

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by debbiedebdoo
Carnival Liberty
        7-9 4.0
        13-15 4.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Don't do it!
Not much good to say, I'm sorry.

First Good:

Room attendant was very good. Attentive and sweet and the room was always clean and beautiful with great towel animals:)

Harry's Steak House was excellent, service and food.

Camp Carnival, Kids seem to love. Very limited hours though and no easy way to get to it.

Our excursions were pretty much all good and we booked all of them on our own, nothing through the ship.

Cozumel:I was excited that this port stay was so long, but of all the ports there wasn't much for us to do here and I wish the others were longer. However, we did go to Paradise Beach by taxi on our own. They nickel and dime you to death there for everything and it was a long day. The kids had fun though playing on all the water toys.

Grand Cayman:We did the Rum Reef and Rays excursion with Native Way. It was an awesome trip. My husband and I had done this tour back in February, but wanted the kids to experience it this time and they absolutely loved it. I would highly recommend it and it's about half the price of what the ship charges and much more personalized.

Ocho Rios:We did the Dunn's River Falls/White River tubing combination through Peat Taylor Tours. Another great excursion. Only wish we had more time in Jamaica. Yes, vendors very pushy here, you just have to look straight ahead and say no thank you. Jamaica was beautiful though.

Now Bad.

Our dining staff were terrible. No personality, slow service, never smiled. I know this isn't the norm as our friends who were traveling with us had a different server and their experience was quite the opposite. Didn't want to get him in trouble by complaining, so we kept trying to engage him and he just wasn't biting.

Buffet was horrible. Nasty food, no flavor. Hamburgers were okay, hot dogs rubbery. Buffet staff not friendly at all either. Just a different experience than what I'm used to. Dining room food was good, but even during breakfast staff just not that friendly. The hostess that greets people at the door looks like her face will crack if she smiles, not the person you want there greeting the passengers and don't ask for anything other than where they are seating you, they don't take kindly to that. Felt like we were a big inconvenience to them every time we went in there.

bar service at the pool, nonexistent. One waiter walking around for all pool patrons and at the most 2 bartenders at the actual bar. Unbelievable. Many times had to wait in excess of 45 minutes for our drinks. You'd think Carnival would have enough people serving alcohol as I'm sure this is a big money maker for them. The whole thing made no sense to us. They closed the non smoking bar every day around five, ?????.

Maybe they are just way understaffed in the food service and bar areas and don't have time to go that extra step for you. But I cruise because I like the way I get pampered by the staff and I think it's so much fun. Not this time, not this ship, not this company. I went in with an open mind but I will not waste my hard earned money with them again, I'd rather pay a little more and have a much better experience. I hate the way this review sounds, and I've never had any other problems on any of my previous cruises, but if someone hasn't reserved this ship yet, please think twice about it.

Publication Date: 09/09/11