Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ephesus67: Aug. 29, Disappointed with RCI

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Aug. 29, Disappointed with RCI

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bahamas

We went after RCI closed Cococay due to Irene, so it was nice to see their private island. They seemed to have small sections of beaches, instead of one big beach. The best looking one if you like going out a ways & playing in waves had a rope that wouldn't let you out very far. It looked like there was a nice beach area for children. There were plenty of chairs. The BBQ was OK. We didn't get to look through the shops because it had started raining so hard they closed. I was kind of surprised the tenders would not go until the top was completely full with it raining that hard. We had to sit there after the line of return cruisers was empty, until enough people decided to leave to fill the tender. Of course the bottom was packed, but why wait to fill the top?

Nassau was nice to walk around, went to Fort Fincastle $1 to get in, I am glad we also went to Atlantis as I don't know when I would come back to this area. We didn't do the pools/slides/beach, but saw the More aquarium/ruins/shops/hotel & casino. It was nice.

Key west was kind of an OK place, went to Hemingway house & saw the 6-toed cats. The town had a lot of shops & interesting statues, etc. to take pics of. I did not know there is an actual place & structure to take pics by for the most southern part of USA. A table mate showed us her pics & I am so disappointed we didn't go. I guess take the hop on hop off trolley to get there so the walk is not so long.

Well, the ship. Everyone always says the rooms are small on ships, but these rooms are SMALL. I have been on 9 cruises & these rooms are SMALL. The food was not very good, we had the 8:30 seating. The last night was the best with the garlic shrimp. They also had a tempera dinner/stir fry. We ordered a different dinner & had them just bring the tempura shrimp, that shrimp was good also. I can not believe in the main dining room they have a steak that you can pay $15 for, it's almost like saying our regular food that everyone can have is not good, but if you pay for your dinner you can have a good one. The buffet was OK for lunch & breakfast, but nothing great. I have been on several NCL cruises & their food is much better. The service was not good. They were not friendly as far as saying hi or good morning. The last morning all service was great,friendly & the buffet waiters came around with coffee & pulled out chairs, etc. That was the day for deciding on tips by the evening. Our room steward didn't have ice in our room. The second day we asked for ice so she brought some, but no glasses. We asked her to take the mini-bar articles out of the room but she just put them on the top of the closet. We had charges on our credit cards when we got home. We did get them removed, but what a hassle. The casino doesn't have slot or blackjack tournaments, which I always look forward to. The casino & bars never had appetizers which would have been nice. Room service has a fee if you call after 12:00. Activities such as scrap booking has a fee (on Celebrity things like that are free). The daily run down would not say how much $ things were just that there was a fee, so you kind of had to show up just to see if you wanted to pay that much to do the activity. I found RCI disappointing & will only cruise them again if they have ports I can not go to otherwise.

One thing that was nice about this is I have never been on a 4-day short cruise, so being on RCI which wasn't very nice made it seem like our cruise didn't just fly by like 7-15 day cruises do. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 3 5567

5567-VERY SMALL, which we only paid for an inside cabin, but that is the smallest I have ever seen. Not many drawers, shelves, hooks, etc.