Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by sailorx2: Outstanding cruise.

Carnival Pride 5

Outstanding cruise.

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Sailing out of Baltimore, about an hour and a half from my home was so good, I did it twice, both times on the Pride. Check out stay123.com for a good deal on a room, breakfast buffet, transfers to the port and free parking during the cruise for about $120 for 4 family members (it is only overnight). Check in was easy and we were on-board in an hour.

The food was great, entertainment was excellent and funny and the Serinity adults only section made the cruise relaxing. Pizza is as good as there is and off the charts for a cruise ship! If you don't like the dining room specials, there is always a flat iron steak (skirt steak) or salmon of a pasta. One night I just did a bunch of appitizers.

This boat is fast! We were hauling at 26 knots coming up the coast and barely a roll. The master painters they exibited throughout the ship was very elegant and the art show was quite good. I loved the free sushi bar every night at 5:00. As a cigar smoker, I appreciated the sports More bar where I could watch the game, smoke a stogie and drink a Martini or two.

The Bahamas is not the best place to cruise but I really go for the cruise, not the destination. Coco Beach was very nice and we got to ride a few waves and hit the RonJon shop. Waitstaff got hugs all around when we left and did a superb job. Cabin folks did too. Please don't compare this ship with higher priced cruises and lower the marks. This is a great cruise and a fantastic bargain if you live within 300 miles of Baltimore. Less

Published 09/09/11

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

I have been on 10 cruises and almost always get a balcony. This time I didn't. The cabin was small but clean and everything worked thus I gave it a 5. That said, I will never cruise without a balcony. The pleasure you get from sitting on your own private space while underway when the Serenity area is full is worth the price.

Skip X