Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jeffreyj64: Another Great Cruise

Overall Member Rating

Another Great Cruise

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

Pre-Cruise--Stayed Friday night at the Hilton Riverside. Great hotel easily within walking distance to the French Quarter. Had dinner at Embers on the balcony overlooking Bourbon Street. Lots of fun for people watching.

Embarkation--With 11 Carnival cruises, we enjoy VIP boarding. We were on board by 11:30.

Ship condition--I never concern myself with a rust spot or a stain on the carpet. Sure, I noticed some flaws, but this ship isn't brand new. If a less-than-perfect ship bothers you, then you may want to consider a new vessel.

Food--This was the only area I thought didn't measure up to previous cruises. The Triumph offered a new menu, which I didn't care for. I normally enjoy shrimp cocktail each night with dinner, and it was only offered 1 out of 4 nights. I thought the new menu was limited in choices and the quality of the meat was below the standards we have become accustomed to. It is not a deal-breaker when deciding our next cruise, but for the first More time in 10 years, we will look at other lines.

Entertainment--The production shows, comedy, and live entertainment easily met the standards we are used to on Carnival sailings. Tex, the Cruise Director, was above average.

Service--Although at times our dinner service was slow (and we were at a table with just the two of us), overall food service was good. Our Cabin Steward, Michael, was fantastic. Bar service was excellent. Oka (pronounced Okay) made sure we were never without a drink.

Overall--With hurricanes and tropical storms all around us, we felt truly blessed to have picture perfect weather. It puts not having shrimp cocktail in perspective. The Carnival Triumph was another great cruise. Less

Published 09/08/11

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 9C8433 Premium Vista Balcony

Read All Premium Vista Balcony (9C) Reviews >>

Cozumel is one of our favorite ports. This time we took the Deluxe Sail, Snorkle, and beach tour offered by Carnival. I realize it is a little more expensive than through an internet vendor, but it was the only way to get the tour time we wanted. I recommend this tour. The catamaran and staff were great, the snorkling was good, and the beach was a blast.

Read 4500 Cozumel Reviews

We got off the pier bus and got immediately on the double decker tour bus. For $3, you can't beat it. It gives you a general idea where everything in the city is situated. After that, we hung out at Buddy's on the beach. It was less than what I expected. We walked the beach and had a couple of beers at some other places. Pretty relaxed day.

Read 355 Progreso Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X