+ the ship was spotless! I just couldn't find a dirty area anywhere. Not even the pool area when it was jammed with people. None of the public bathrooms either.
+ their service is impeccable
+ we booked a cabin on the concierge deck which turned out to be a very smart move because of the expedited checkin, rapid embarkation past the hour long line, and the concierge lounge.
+ the concierge lounge had food constantly and their espresso was quite simply amazing.
+ the coffee all over the ship was excellent. Not just the espresso in the concierge lounge
+ the aqua duck was loads of fun; a tube that goes into a a slide which goes all around the ship. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.luxuo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/disney-cruise-aquaduck.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.luxuo.com/travel/disney-dream-cruise-ship.html&h=428&w=600&sz=49&tbnid=e9rj9QOYLBS2oM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=135&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddisney%2Bdream%2Bcruise%2Bship%2Bphotos%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=disney+dream+cruise+ship+photos&hl=en&usg=__NK1dmFgqn3wZOLDgfKx4Kryvj5w=&sa=X&ei=EVUYToHFC4PDsQLl88zCBw&ved=0CCwQ9QEwAA
+ the bunk beds were a big hit with the boys :)
+ the shower fixtures in the room allowed for a great shower because of the overhead rain spout.
+ being Disney, they showed all the great Disney movies on the outside screen by the pool.
+ my boys discovered Disney classic cartoons and likes them far more than the highly stylized versions currently on TV.
- the food was blah. It was fresh and well prepared but was not up to par with other cruises we've taken
- the kid's activities area did not allow for doing anything around the ship. The kids would have been locked into an indoor room on deck 5. We opted to put them there a couple of times for an hour rather than the whole day. We wanted them in the pools, slides, etc and that wouldn't have happened if they'd been there the whole time. As such, we really didn't have a vacation but the kids sure did :)
- I know it's supposed to be all about the kids but aside from the aqua duck, I didn't see anything that uniquely distinguished the Disney cruise from any other. Yes, they had some Disney characters running around but after the first picture with them, the kids lost interest. The bathroom sinks were lower. They had a boring kids menu, which my boys never ordered from. So, I didn't see what positioned the Disney cruise any better.
- for what we paid, the value was just not there. It was vastly over priced even without the concierge pricing.
- the Internet connection was slow and the wifi kept dropping me.
- the family suite that we were in was a glorified tin can at 300 sq ft.