Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by WEGL81

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: D2
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Very relaxing, great entertainment value
My wife and I booked Freedom for our 25th anniversary and couldn't have been happier with the decision. The captain made a wise course change decision that avoided Hurricane Irene.

We mostly enjoyed the nightly entertainment and the ability to do as much or as little as we wanted each day. Cabin service was exemplary. Everyone from the Captain on down was as friendly as could be. We booked a superior oceanview stateroom and really enjoyed the balcony views during the evening and sea days. We had reserved all of our shows beforehand which turned out to be a good move, especially for the ice show which was always full. Ate at "Chops" on our anniversary night and was very pleased with the food. I didn't understand why I couldn't reserve a later time online, though, as I had to take a 5:30 reservation time. We were the only people in the whole place at that time and didn't see another diner until 6:30 or so. I would've preferred a later reservation and maybe I just needed to call once on the ship. Also ate at Johnny Rocket's one day which was also very good. Other than those two premium locations, the food, while passable, wasn't very high quality. I would understand why, given the number of people on the ship, but I have been on other cruises where the selection and quality was much higher. It's a small complaint, though, as overall the cruise was wonderful.
Publication Date: 09/08/11