Carnival Legend Cruise Review by desp8

3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0
        10-12 4.0

A Great Family Cruise!
This is the second cruise we (myself, husband, and 3 boys 11, 8, and 5 years of age)have taken with Carnival or any cruise line. We enjoyed our first cruise last year so much that we paid a deposit while on ship and I booked our trip for the Carnival Dream within 2 weeks of our return. After reading many poor reviews of the Dream on several websites I then decided to change our reservation to the Legend, as it had the same itinerary and far more positive reviews. I am so glad I made the change. We ended up with connecting balcony rooms to fit our entire family. The rooms were so spacious and were kept in immaculate condition (thanks Victor).

The food was also great. We ate in Truffles (main dining) twice and enjoyed the food both times. We prefer the buffet, pizza, deli, so ate most of the time on the lido deck. The variety of food was impressive and we always enjoyed the new foods we tried. My husband and I also ate one dinner at the Golden Fleece Steakhouse. Wow, what an experience. The service and quality of food is fantastic.

All of my children really enjoyed the Camp Carnival activities. In fact most of the time (my youngest especially) would be upset when we came to pick them up. Bravo to all of the folks that have the patience and energy to entertain our kids and give mommy and daddy a little bit of grown up time.

My husband saw all of the comedians' adult shows, while I saw 3 of them and we saw 1 of the family comedy shows with our oldest. We enjoyed all of the them very much, especially Mark Rubben (ventriloquist). We also watched the comedic juggling show by Dana Tison. That man is amazing, to say the least, and the show was very funny. We were very impressed with the level of service we received and are starting to get a little bit addicted to cruising, thanks to the wonderful experience we had on the Legend.
Publication Date: 09/07/11