Carnival Dream Cruise Review by shopmang

Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Titusville
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: Carnival Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        16+ 2.0

This is my LAST Carnival cruise,
Not a good cruise at all. There were a lot of fist fights. Two nights in a row someone had a fist fight outside our door. Every night some drunk made sure we were aware that they were finally going to bed at 0300. Security was non existent. Some parents would not control there kids. I personally tried to tell some kids to leave the adults only pool. I was accosted and verbally abused by some trash.

It was not all bad. The ports were nice and weather was fantastic. Both of which Carnival has no control over. Control over its guests. That is has and was absolutely not enforced.

All in all a very bad experience. I will really think twice before cruising again with any cruise line. I will never cruise with Carnival again. We work too hard to earn our money. There are too many places that would ensure I have a good time. No need to waste precious vacation time.

Trays of room service food was left in the hallway for hours.

Pools were small and even the adults only area had kids in them. (which the ship could care less about)

I could go on with the laundry. 4 operating washers and dryers on the whole ship. The others were broken. We used the onboard service and ended up with shrunk shirts and all whites a nice shade of grey.

To get to the shows or anyplace forward, you were forced to go through the smoking area. Can't the smokers go on the fantail to indulge.

Food was OK. Not even close to 3 stars. Not what you would expect.

Oh well, as they say "There is always next year"

Tim F and family (52, 50, 18 and 18)

Publication Date: 09/07/11