Carnival Dream Cruise Review by shopmang: This is my LAST Carnival cruise,

This is my LAST Carnival cruise,

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Not a good cruise at all. There were a lot of fist fights. Two nights in a row someone had a fist fight outside our door. Every night some drunk made sure we were aware that they were finally going to bed at 0300. Security was non existent. Some parents would not control there kids. I personally tried to tell some kids to leave the adults only pool. I was accosted and verbally abused by some trash.

It was not all bad. The ports were nice and weather was fantastic. Both of which Carnival has no control over. Control over its guests. That is has and was absolutely not enforced.

All in all a very bad experience. I will really think twice before cruising again with any cruise line. I will never cruise with Carnival again. We work too hard to earn our money. There are too many places that would ensure I have a good time. No need to waste precious vacation time.

Trays of room service food was left in the hallway for hours.

Pools were small and even the More adults only area had kids in them. (which the ship could care less about)

I could go on with the laundry. 4 operating washers and dryers on the whole ship. The others were broken. We used the onboard service and ended up with shrunk shirts and all whites a nice shade of grey.

To get to the shows or anyplace forward, you were forced to go through the smoking area. Can't the smokers go on the fantail to indulge.

Food was OK. Not even close to 3 stars. Not what you would expect.

Oh well, as they say "There is always next year"

Tim F and family (52, 50, 18 and 18) Less

Published 09/07/11

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: 117240

Very thin walls. Balcony was nice. Probably the only thing I actually enjoyed on the cruise. Room was clean and kept up by our steward.

shopmang
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X