Carnival Pride Cruise Review by fecteau_take2: Disappointed for the $$$$$

Disappointed for the $$$$$

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My last cruise on Princess was over 10 years ago; but I remember highlights such as fun ship activities as well as great food - no matter if you were eating at the buffet or the dining room. I was happy with the embarkation and debarkation process at the Baltimore, MD port although I'm not sure how one of our suitcases got completely destroyed. Customer service gave us a modest ship credit to fix that situation. And Carinval did a good job at keeping us updated on Hurricane Irene.

The room steward was great and most of the service was okay; it was REALLY hard to get an additional cup of coffee at breakfast. Our family was happy with the ports as we had never been to them before; Cocoa Beach was beautiful (Cocoa Beach Village not worth it), Atlantis in Nassau was beautiful (definately do your research on how to get access to their AquaPark and not having to pay a RIDICULOUS amount of money for it!) and we did a dolphin encounter in Freeport.

What was most More disappointing is the quality of the food. The best thing to eat at the buffet was the hot dog (seriously). And not the bun, either. And the dining room was hit or miss also. Other passengers RAVED about David's - a restaurant on board. I refused to pay an additional $30 a person for a decent meal. And there were gorgeous fruit cups at the cafe...of course, for an additional fee.

Not sure what happened in our room - the bed was increadibly uncomfortable and there didn't seem to be anything that could be done to fix it...so not getting any rest on this much awaited vacation was deeply disappointing. I definately would not book with this cruise line anymore. Or at the very least, not the Pride. Less

Published 09/07/11

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 4A1202 Interior

Our cabin was really close to customer service, the shore excursion desk and the embarkation/debarkation area. There was always a loud humming sound in our room; not sure if that is room-specific or just the same sound in all the rooms on the first floor.

Read All Interior (4A) Reviews >>
fecteau_take2
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X