Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by rmtbrownz

Cabin Category: 6A
Cabin Number: R93
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Port Authority Wrecked my car
My wife and myself sailed out of Charleston in May of 2011. Port Authority closed the gate on my car, thus putting a bad mojo on my trip, and not to mention a pissed off person who got wrecked...IN THE PARKING LOT, none the less. I asked for my bags back, but they were already gone to be unloaded. The trip started like that and I was told by the officer there was no need to report this to my insurance company and if I followed their rules in reference to the accident they would settle as quickly as possible.

Got on the ship somewhat irate, found everything to do within 45 minutes or so, the first 2 nights there were no live shows. Rick, the cabin steward was plesant and made sure everything was to our satisfaction...in the room anyway, and answered our first timer questions professionally.

The food was good, not great in any sense of the word...but I never went hungry, room service was fast and courteous.

Did not book shore excursions as most of them were extremely expensive, for such a short time frame. I can say check in went smoothly, but getting back to the car was a different experience...they kinnda throw you to the wolves at that time, and offered no assistance to a handicapped couple we shared the ride with, I was not allowed to get my car and then carry them to theirs. May have expected to much...the only thing I enjoyed were the mango twist, they kept me sane, as I soon discovered that being with the wife of 30 years 24/7 with no place to go was a total disaster. Made it back home, so glad to be back. Towards the end of the cruise I saw others who shared the look of discontent I had.

Publication Date: 09/07/11