Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Macwoman: Excellent!! Does not disappoint!!

Macwoman
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Excellent!! Does not disappoint!!

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My husband and I have been on the EOS before. The drive to NJ was a piece of cake and did it in about 3 hours. Some traffic over the GWB but not bad. We paid 171.00 to park. Hated to pay it...but it is what it is. We got there around 1ish and was able to go directly to our cabin. This was really nice. We always arrived fairly early in the past and had to wait in the Windjammmer before we could go to our cabin. It was great to go to the cabin, drop off our stuff, relax and then go eat. We were in a Grand Suite and Jacob our cabin attendant was excellent. We waited for nothing, always took care of our room and is a great employee for RCCL to have. He has been with the company 15 years and really likes his job. He says they have done alot for the employees in the past few years!! We used the concierge quite frequently and Francis was wonderful.They now have 2 additional bar tenders in there to help you help you with what you need.

Everything was just awesome. EOS is a great ship More and will probably cruise on her again next year. The windjammer food was good, not excellent but good. They had this pasta with cream sauce that I just loved. I did not gain a pound cause we used the gym quite frequently and used the stairs also. Our dining table was great and the staff Melbert and Monica went out of their way to make sure everything was how we wanted it. The head waiter Emrah, did everything he could to make sure my husbands food was okay. My husband has celiac disease and must have special food. As RCCL has already proven , my husband had no trouble at all eating. Never once did he get sick, and they checked on him frequently. We loved RCCL the first time for this caring attitude and will return in the future because of this behavior.

We did ship tours in all the ports except St. Marten. The ship tours were very good and was glad we did them. We had only so-so weather due to Hurricane Irene, but we were very lucky and it could have been much worse. Captain Henrik did his best to mingle with passengers as welll as keep us up to date with the storm. If you have the chance to do the All Access Tour offered on the ship-DO IT!! It is alittle pricey but it is almost 4 hours long and takes you to places on the ship other people don't get to go!! In St Martin we used Bernards...recommended by this board. We had Bernard himself and learned alot about the island. We went to Orient beach, but was very windy and overcast and they charge you for everything. Peddlers on the beach I did not like. Had wish the weather was better. The water was warm, but very rough. The tour in St. Thomas was the jeep/beach tour and it was well worth the money. The rain of course appeared and it was like a monsoon!! But coming down the mountain we got some great pictures and went to Sapphire beach that was very nice.

Even with the Hurricane we had a great time. I hope everyone got home safe and the next cruise was okay. We still love RCCL and will cruise again on her soon!!

Barbara Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10 1252

We had a Grand Suite!! Balcony was large and I thought it would be smaller. Sufficient room to put things away ,but missed the walk in closet!! We are definitely spoiled.