Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by megs1954

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: PT
Cabin Number: R8
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Cruise on Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise August 26, 2011

My sister, 41 and Milestone, and I, 57 and Platinum, were joined by two of our nephews who are in their twenties. My sister and I shared a cabin that had two portholes, R8, and the boys had a standard inside on the Upper deck. Our cabin was considerably larger than theirs.

Embarkation was a breeze in Long Beach. Being Platinum, we had VIP service and were just about the only people in the VIP room. My nephews went through normal processing and it was also quick. Embarkation staff were very nice.

Our cabin steward, Rai, was fantastic. He brought a hairdryer on request and called us both by name every time he saw us. Our cabin was always clean and shinny.

Our cabin was very, very loud and quite shaky when we were docking or leaving a dock since we were very low and right above the forward side thrusters. Our cabin was so shaky while pulling away from Ensenada that a watch fell off of the desk and into the trashcan. Otherwise all was fine.

All four of us had late dining in the Elation dining room, table 225. Our wait team, Armand and Milan, were fantastic. We shared a large table with three other guests. They were very nice and we were glad to have them as table mates.

The food was very good. We were still on the old menu.

Bar service was very good. I had a soft drink card and all the bartenders and servers were great about getting me a soda. We all took part in the Master the Martini at the Rotterdam Bar. We each took a booklet that lists eight mini martinis. Each person chooses four and they are poured into mini-martini glasses. We did this twice and enjoyed all of them. Cost is $17. One serving of four mini martinis could easily be shared by two people. Our alcohol service was very good. Only compliments.

We didn't see much entertainment. I've seen the shows on previous cruises and went to one comedy show but had to leave to see if I won the slot tournament, I didn't. I'm not a big fan of the adult humor.

I was very happy with the debarkation talk. It was only done on the television, there was no meeting in the show room. Doing it this way was so much better, I hope all the ships use this method. No more stupid jokes about putting all my clothes in my luggage and having to wear a towel off the ship.

We all went on the Behind the Fun tour and enjoyed it. It cost $55 each since this is a three-day cruise. We spent over 2.5 hours on the tour and saw lots of things passengers would never see. We received a cap, a photo with the captain and lanyard as a gift. There were pastries and beverages waiting for us at the meeting area. We didn't know there would be food. It would have been nice to know since we met at 8:45am.

Publication Date: 09/06/11