“Great family vacation”

VPIcruiser
Member Since 2003
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We loved the Freedom. There is so much to do and a lot of places for people to hang out. The promenade is very nice. Except for the first day in the windjammer, the ship never felt crowded. We may be hooked om the larger ships now!

We spent two nights at the Courtyard. We loved eating at Grills Friday night. On Saturday we spent the entire at the space center.

Boarding was easy and fast on Sunday. In Nassau, we took the bus to the Sheraton. We payed $25 each for my DH and me. Our 6 yo was 12.50 and the the 4 yo and 1 yo were free. I snorkeled with the 6 yo and my husband kayaked with him and our 4 yo and then I kayaked with the 4 yo. My husband also did the aqua cycle with the 6 yo. Both the 4 yo and 6 yo loved the water trampoline also. All this and beach chairs and towels were included. We got cups of ice water from the bar. The kids each had one box of fruit loops from the ship so we didn't need lunch during the four hours we were there. It is a very pretty beach and not crowded at all. The restrooms by the pool were clean and we used them to change out of our swimwear before heading back to the ship.

In St Thomas, we took a taxi to Sapphire beach. The ride on the steep curvy roads scared our kids a little but they loved the beach and water. It's a beautiful place. We snorkeled and kayaked and played in the water and sand.

In St Maarten we did a day sail on Random Wind. It was wonderful!

On the sea days, we played in the H2O zone and pools. The baby only went in the baby pool. My 6 yo did the rock wall. We watched the surfing competition. Our two older kids went to the kids program for a few hours each sea day and they did the pirate parade. We were pleased with Adventure Ocean. Our toddler went to the nursery while the rest of us saw the ice show (which was wonderful). He liked the nursery but we only used it once. We did use the in-cabin babysitting four nights from 8:30 to 11:30 while all three kids slept. We loved it!

Service through out the ship was fabulous. The food in the dinning room was much better than we expected. It was actually very good. We ate dinner in the dinning room every night. We also had one breakfast and one lunch there.

We loved our family ocean view stateroom. My in-laws had a balcony cabin.

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Oceanview Stateroom

Port
We took the #10 bus to the Sheraton At the Sheraton, we payed $25 each for my DH and me. Our 6 yo was 12.50 and the the 4 yo and 1 yo were free. I snorkeled with the 6 yo and my husband kayaked with him and our 4 yo and then I kayaked with the 4 yo. My husband also did the aqua cycle with the 6 yo. Both the 4 yo and 6 yo loved the water trampoline also. All this and beach chairs and towels were included. We got cups of ice water from the bar. The kids each had one box of fruit loops from the ship so we didn't need lunch during the four hours we were there. It is a very pretty beach and not crowded at all. The restrooms by the pool were clean and we used them to change out of our swimwear before heading back to the ship.

Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
Port
We took a taxi to Sapphire Beach. The driver came back to get us at our agreed upon time. The beach is beautiful. I snorkeled with our 6 yo and my FIL. My DH kayaked with the 4 yo and 6 yo. The kayak was $20 for and hour and snorkeling equipment was $10 an hour.

Read 3,415 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 09/06/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?