Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Dave McDevitt: Yankees fan goes cruisin with Beantown Sox fans!

Norwegian Dawn 5
Dave McDevitt
No Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Yankees fan goes cruisin with Beantown Sox fans!

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Awesome cruise. Our third cruise, I had expectations that this one would be better than our last one on Carnival and not as good as our first on Royal Caribbean. I have to say, this cruise in many ways were better than any we have had before. The Free Style theme was very evident and we enjoyed it tremendously. Get on the boat when you want, eat when you want, do what you want whenever, and get off when when you want.

The crew was awesome, Delma our steward, our pool side bar crew, the wait staff of the Venetian and Aqua, all excellent people. They did a great job. We were not impressed with the Moderno Brazilian specialty restaurant. Meats were extremely dry and flavorless. I wish we had tried Cagney's, however after having the bad experience we decided to stay with the main dining rooms which were excellent. The staff at the Moderno knew we were not happy. The head Chef had chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to our room to make up for our unhappy experience. THEY were More delicious and we hold no hard feelings (I am spoiled having an authentic Brazilian Churrascaria). They also took one of the cover charges off our bill.

Couples massage...must do. Casino...my wife hit 3 times on slots for a total of $ 1600.00. Bar tab...eaten up by wife's earnings. Bermuda...paradise. Red Sox fans plentiful....Yankees fan (me) thrown in the pool during pool side party. All in good spirits though. Great time had by all! Put deposit down on next cruise which will be with NCL. Less

Published 09/06/11

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review: BC9208 Balcony

Lucked out...they put us in a handicap acces room which was extra large. Plenty of closet space, bathroom and balcony space.

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

Beantown...lots of history, lots of Sox fan's.

Read 325 Boston Reviews