Carnival Valor Cruise Review by ruaalien2: Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2005

If I had to sum up Carnival Valor in one word it would be horrible.

The food isn't that great compared to other cruise lines. For breakfeast, room service is the easiest and best way to go. For lunch, the stir-fry station on deck 9 was the best place. When your at a part of call, there is no sit down breakfast or lunch. For dinner, we ate at the Washington Dinning Room, the 8 PM sitting. We requsted the 8:30 sitting and they orignally gave us the 5:45 sitting, which we had to change the first day right away. No way were we eating dinner that early. Because there were two of us we were able to get it changed without a problem. We thought they would sit us with other people, usually they try to if your only two. Not so on Valor. And they gave us starnge looks when we asked to be changed, that we just said forgetabout it and stuck sitting just the two of us. The super club was worth it for dinner, both my mother and I brought back left overs because we were so full, the only More night we were full. Room service was decent at best.

The cabin, an inside cabin, was nice, with enough room for two. I don't know if I would put more then 2, maybe 3 people in there. More then enough closet space, and a nice bathroom. I met the stewerdess once, and that was when I ran back into the room to get something. I'm used to meeting them on the first day. The assistant stwerdess was a doll however. It took 24 hours to get a luandry bag, something that didn't sit well with my mother or myself. The room was HOT and we had an enginer up there every single night. It turns out that Valor was made to go to 72 F at the coldest, which is NOT cold at all. Many people had to sit inside the cabins with the dolls open to get some fresh air. Most of the people at the purser's desk weren't helpful, though the chief purser, Anthony, was to some extent. The first night, the door didn't lock. Upon calling the front desk we got a reply of "Ma'am I don't undersstand. Why do you need to double lock your door?" At 12:30 at night we had a man drilling, who had to remove part of it and come back to fix it.

The ppols are tiny, when questioned why there were kids in the adult only pool we were told that 'sometimes it's adult only, sometimes it isn't' which was not an answer we wanted to hear.

Carnival calls themselved the fun ship, yet where were all the midnight buffets? Why was there only one night time deck party, that didnt even have a live band but a DJ, that the music on deck ended at 12:45? Where was the fun in that?

Carnival doesn't use their own tenders, and it was just a horrible time with them. First of all, unless you get your tender ticket when they first give them out, you could be stuck waiting for hours. And to not have anyone on the boat that speaks english besides for other passagers wasn't a good experince.

Belize and Honduras are so poor, we got off the ship and right back on. I don't understand why they take us there.

My mother went to the infirmary due to a had sun burn and she wasn't able to lift her arms, nothing. They gave her some asprin and told her to rest, never asking her for her namem cabin number, or checking her heart or blood pressure. Turns out she was badly sick and needed antibodics, as we found out when we took her to the doctor after reaching land.

All in all, besides for our waiters, the staff was rude, one staff memeber even admittign that they were having problems inter-staff. When a crew memember tells you that, there are problems. Big ones.

Okay, I did enough ranting....but this was my first Carnival cruise, my mother's third, and both of our last. It was that bad. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>