Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by disney67

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by disney67
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: disney67
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

I SURVIVED HURRICANE IRENE AND TROPICAL STORM JOSE
Hi I was terrified to board this ship with my husband (sailing for the first time) and my 4 children! We went anyway because they said they would leave earlier and beat out the storm! No one told us we were sailing into JOSE! I can tell you that DAY 1 was awful! My husband and stepdaughter were so sick they were in bed from 7 pm well into the next day. Missed dinner and breakfast! I hated that his first experience was this bad for him. By Day 2 the waters started to be calmer. The winds were heavy and it was hard to be on deck.

Once we arrived in Bermuda it was partly cloudy with some rain. We took our family of six to Horseshoe Bay which was breathtaking. The waters were a little rough be the kids loved the waves. The water was clear the sand was softest I've ever felt and yes! PINK! We all climbed the rocks and had the most amazing views.

The next day we stayed closer and went to Snorkel Park, a little rain on and off but nothing disruptive. You could actually see the fish without needing any snorkel equipment. The waters were clear and calm and we enjoyed seeing plenty of fish. Finally back on ship sailing home was much nicer! The shows and the food were excellent. By this time my husband got his sea legs back and a good time was had by all. I may even convince him to cruise again....we'll see!

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 8/27/11-BERMUDA- I SURVIVED HURRICANE IRENE AND TROPICAL STORM JOSE!!!

Publication Date: 09/05/11