Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by disney67: I SURVIVED HURRICANE IRENE AND TROPICAL STORM JOSE

disney67
Member Since 2011
1 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

I SURVIVED HURRICANE IRENE AND TROPICAL STORM JOSE

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Hi I was terrified to board this ship with my husband (sailing for the first time) and my 4 children! We went anyway because they said they would leave earlier and beat out the storm! No one told us we were sailing into JOSE! I can tell you that DAY 1 was awful! My husband and stepdaughter were so sick they were in bed from 7 pm well into the next day. Missed dinner and breakfast! I hated that his first experience was this bad for him. By Day 2 the waters started to be calmer. The winds were heavy and it was hard to be on deck.

Once we arrived in Bermuda it was partly cloudy with some rain. We took our family of six to Horseshoe Bay which was breathtaking. The waters were a little rough be the kids loved the waves. The water was clear the sand was softest I've ever felt and yes! PINK! We all climbed the rocks and had the most amazing views.

The next day we stayed closer and went to Snorkel Park, a little rain on and off but nothing disruptive. You could actually More see the fish without needing any snorkel equipment. The waters were clear and calm and we enjoyed seeing plenty of fish. Finally back on ship sailing home was much nicer! The shows and the food were excellent. By this time my husband got his sea legs back and a good time was had by all. I may even convince him to cruise again....we'll see!

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 8/27/11-BERMUDA- I SURVIVED HURRICANE IRENE AND TROPICAL STORM JOSE!!! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>