“Vunderbar Vunderbar Vunderbar!”
Cruise review of Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo

Sue Litherland Marco Polo 5 Vunderbar Vunderbar Vunderbar!
Sue Litherland
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
After reading a few mixed reviews for the Marco Polo, we were a little dubious to say the least. We could not have been happier. The ship, although this is not a luxury 5 star liner, I can only compare her to Royal Brittania! She is a truly wonderful old lady, a little noisy, but her elegant Art Deco furnishings are a delight.

Our room, although small and compact, was all that we needed. The single beds, were the most comfiest beds we have slept in - we are convinced they were memory foam matresses! (Much better than P&O's beds!!!) Having Rod Stewart and Frank Sinatra singing seductively via the in-house radio, wonderful 1920/40's music was heaven. We chose the 8.30pm dining, and were seated with a lovely couple, and "Rocky" our waiter could not have done enough for us, and he always had a friendly and welcoming smile.

Although the weather in Amsterdam & Antwerp could have been a little kinder to us, we had a fantastic time, and I would recommend Marco Polo to anyone - I have since booked another trip for August 2012 aboard her sister ship "Ocean Countess" and I am sure she will be able to match or maybe even better the Marco Polo. Well Done to Cruise and Maritime, I hope to sail aboard the Marco Polo again in the near future.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6229
Wonderful - a lovely Art Deco room - right in the heart of the ship. the heartbeat sent me to sleep - BLISS!
Published 09/04/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Marco Polo Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?