Marco Polo Cruise Review by Sue Litherland: Vunderbar Vunderbar Vunderbar!

Marco Polo 5
Sue Litherland
No Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Vunderbar Vunderbar Vunderbar!

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)

After reading a few mixed reviews for the Marco Polo, we were a little dubious to say the least. We could not have been happier. The ship, although this is not a luxury 5 star liner, I can only compare her to Royal Brittania! She is a truly wonderful old lady, a little noisy, but her elegant Art Deco furnishings are a delight.

Our room, although small and compact, was all that we needed. The single beds, were the most comfiest beds we have slept in - we are convinced they were memory foam matresses! (Much better than P&O's beds!!!) Having Rod Stewart and Frank Sinatra singing seductively via the in-house radio, wonderful 1920/40's music was heaven. We chose the 8.30pm dining, and were seated with a lovely couple, and "Rocky" our waiter could not have done enough for us, and he always had a friendly and welcoming smile.

Although the weather in Amsterdam & Antwerp could have been a little kinder to us, we had a fantastic time, and I would recommend Marco Polo to More anyone - I have since booked another trip for August 2012 aboard her sister ship "Ocean Countess" and I am sure she will be able to match or maybe even better the Marco Polo. Well Done to Cruise and Maritime, I hope to sail aboard the Marco Polo again in the near future. Less

Published 09/04/11

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marco Polo Review >>

Cabin review: 6229

Wonderful - a lovely Art Deco room - right in the heart of the ship. the heartbeat sent me to sleep - BLISS!

Sue Litherland
No Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?