12 Unique Activities to See and Do on the Allure of the Seas
1. Get PADI Scuba certified. For $249 the scuba staff will provide all the training materials and equipment to get you started in the Aqua Theater pool. Open water training is in one of the best diving spots in the world, Cozumel. Upon completion of the course, guests will receive a PADI Scuba Diver certification card.
2. Entertainment: Enjoy the Broadway-style production of Chicago in the Amber Theater. Not as good as the movie, yet the talent is pretty darn close to perfection. The Blue Planet show is a must see too.
3. Ride a carousel on a cruise ship. It's right in the middle of the Boardwalk neighborhood. Nibble on a gourmet hot dog, bratwurst or chicken apple sausage. Admire yourself in the fun house mirrors.
4. Learn how to surf on a cruise ship on the Flow Rider stand-up surfboard. It's not as easy, but a staff member will hold onto you until you get your balance. If it's too difficult, go to the Flow Rider boogie board area.
5. Walk around the largest cruise ship in the world and help the Make A Wish Foundation. For a $10 donation, walk around the deck 2.4 times to equal one mile and get a cool T-shirt. RCCL has partnered with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. Make-A-Wish grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience of hope, strength and joy.
6. Ice Skate on a ship. Be sure to bring your socks and long pants. Located in Studio B is a small ice rink. Guests are encouraged to put on a pair of skates and spin to the music. On certain nights, this rink turns into a magical ice show performed by world-class skaters from around the world.
7. This is the only ship where you will see the cast of many Dream Works movies in a top notch parade. Have your photo taken with Shrek, Puss-and-Boots and the penguins from Madagascar.
8. If you love crafts, the ship offers scrapbook and jewelry kits in the Explorer Academy. Classes begin at 10 am and run throughout the day. For a fee of $9.99, guests can make unlimited pages for their memory album or a necklace, bracelet and earrings. A free kit is included with your purchase. It's a great place to escape the sun and make a few friends.
9. Have your children become pirates and find treasures or get their face painted and be part of a circus performance at the Adventure Ocean kids club. Morning sessions start at 8 am to noon. Afternoon begins at 2 pm to 4 pm and the evening from 7 pm to 10 pm. After 10 pm there is a late night party zone from 10 pm to 2 am for a fee.
10. Learn how to decorate a cupcake. The Cupcake Cupboard offers adult and children's decorating classes throughout the cruise. The cost s $22 for adults and $15 for kids. Learn about baking the cake, frosting and get some decorating tips.
11. Learn how to dance like Lady Gaga or take a Flash Mob Dance class. Throughout the cruise, classes are offered in the Royal Promenade. Later in the evening, music will start and a group of thirty or more people will dance in unison to various songs. It's quite fun to watch.
12. Ever thought of getting you teeth whiter or learn more about the benefits of Botox or Restylane? The Vitality at Sea spa offers anti-aging solutions for both men and women in their Medi-spa. Located on the sixth deck, the serene spa offers a full service of treatments and a peaceful cafe.