“Norwegian Sun - Mexican Riviera”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sun

Lucy Brock Norwegian Sun 5 Norwegian Sun - Mexican Riviera
Lucy Brock
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just arrived from 8 night Mexican Riviera cruise. We read all the reviews published before we left & we were a little concerned because some of the reviews were so bad. I'm here to tell you don't worry. It was a great ship & great cruise. We took the advice of many of the past cruisers & did fine.

We arrived around 10 a.m. & were the 2nd couple on line. They were still disembarking people so we had to wait for them to finish. I stopped one of the porters and mentioned I was waiting to embark, he said as soon as he got the okay he'd come for our bags & he did. We immediately went to under the white canopy were we were told to line up & as soon as they allowed people to enter we were immediately processed & boarded. It was around 11 a.m. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Our room was a decent size with a balcony, which we fell in love with. To sleep with those doors open and hear the water & smell the salt air was awesome. No more window only rooms for us. I really liked the way the bathrooms are set up, you can use the toilet while someone is at the sink, there's a door that slides to separate you.

We immediately made reservations for the Bistro that nite & Cagney's the next. Both had very good food tho Cagney's was a little pricey I thought. I did not like Soho's food. Eclectic type food is not for me. I should have done Ginza. The food upstairs (Market Cafe) was surprisingly good. We had lunch there every day & breakfast several times, also once for dinner. We should have stuck to more dinners there, a lot of variety. We tried Aqua twice. The first time was the Thursday nite. You must go then. My husband had delicious grouper & we had the pollo asopao which was very good, but his fish took the prize. We liked it so much we returned again to be very disappointed the second time. Their menus change every day, but remain the same at the specialty restaurants. The escargot was excellent as well as the mushroom soup at il Bistro. We went against the advice & tried the Italian as a few people on the ship seemed to like it, but if you are used to very good Italian (you know who you are) don't go there. If they could improve the food at those restaurants I would rank this as an excellent cruise.

Disembarking was easy. We changed our time at reception desk to help us leave earlier for plane connection, no problem. When you disembark you must put your name on a list for a taxi. See man at curb with clipboard. Cab was only 45 dollars with tip to airport, we shared the ride with other couple. Try to wait till after 9 a.m. if possible because L.A. rush hour is awful.

Snorkeling in Cabo was best. Drinks were way too expensive. Enjoyed cruise, entertainment was great.

Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sun Review
Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?