MSC Opera Cruise Review by MeTooLove: Brilliant for our first cruise ever!

MeTooLove
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on MSC Opera Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Brilliant for our first cruise ever!

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

Me, my wife and my daughter and her friend (both teens) went on the MSC Opera for a holiday. This is our review: The ship was very clean, my daughter described it as being cleaned every 10 minutes.
Everyday you were given a programme for the next day, which sadly we did not receive until late at night, 9:30 onwards, meaning we missed out on some shuttle bus bookings and got the last few tickets.

For restaurants at lunch you had the restaurant on deck 5 or the buffet. Both were good but we preferred the restaurant. For evening meals you were assigned a restaurant for your stay and a seating time. The food was very well cooked and the menus had a delightful range of food that changed on a daily basis, enabling you to have a variety. And if you didn't like what was on the menu there was an always available option. Our waiters were very nice, absolutely brilliant in fact. A popular hit with the girls again. We had 2 gala nights on board where we dressed up and had some More pictures done, the menu was also changed to some more elegant stuff.

The drinks were nice, not much of a range and a little pricey but all in all good. The entertainment was a HUGE hit, especially with the girls. They had shows on every night that catered to all tastes and then at 11pm they would have entertainment in the Caruso Lounge. This was very enjoyable and the teen girls loved it and only let us miss one!

All the staff were incredibly friendly, especially Fabito and our waiters, Zeljko and Paulo, my daughter really wants to see them again! The ports we visited were nice and we enjoyed it all. They have many services on board, laundry ect. And they have many activities, as i have already mentioned, with the entertainment team going through the day and into early morning often. There is a hot tub, 2 pools and a mini golf course.

Thoroughly enjoyable and really wish we could get back on right now! Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Opera Balcony Suite LA Boheme Deck

We had a suite with a balcony. The balcony was amazing and me and my daughter enjoyed sitting on it, especially at night going through the English channel it looked amazing. There was more than enough room in the wardrobe. It was a generally quiet place with a great view. I loved it and would like to get back on now!

Amsterdam is a very interesting city. We visited Anne franks house, which all the family enjoyed. We didn't really do much in Amsterdam but we thoroughly enjoyed it never the less.

We also visited La Rochelle, La Coruna, Bilbao and Cherbourg, with an unexpected stop at Guernsey. I couldn't find these on here so i would just like to say they were all amazing, some lacking a little in tourist places, but still enjoyable.