Norwegian Spirit 5

“Great value, great cruise and a great time!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Spirit

agapantha
Member Since 2011
12 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was my 5th cruise with Norwegian and my husband's first cruise and was our honeymoon. We had a blast! The cruise staff was fun and smiling, the entertainment was fabulous with a lot of variety, the ship was sleek and the food was great.

We loved that the cruise left out of new orleans and it was a nice change from florida. we wished there were more cruise itineraries out of new orleans because it in itself is a fabulous starting point.

Our cabin was clean and we used the balcony a lot. Our room stewards were there to greet us from the moment we stepped into the cabin and we saw them quite often throughout the day. when we needed an ashtray, we rec'd one right away. if we needed extra towels, they were there, etc. the towel animals were adorable and better than the ones I had on RCCL.

We love NCL's relaxed atmosphere and my husband really liked that he didn't have to dress up in tuxedos or suits. I love to dress up and was just as comfortable in my own More cocktail gowns as he was in his jeans and shirt.

We had room service at least once a day and it was very speedy.

We loved Cagney's restaurant and it is definately worth the cover charge. We also enjoyed the Italian and Teppanyaki.

The ports of call were great and everything was smooth sailing all the way.

We booked the cruise over a year in advance and as a result were able to obtain a great promotion that gave us a balcony cabin for the price of an outside cabin plus an onboard credit.

A lot of people complain about the prices of the drinks but I think that depends on where you are from and what type of drinks you get. I am used to spending at a martini bar $10+ for a martini, whereas the people we met from Louisiana thought it was overpriced. It just depends on your local pricing.

The only issue for us was the gym as we found the free weights limited and couldn't complete our normal work outs. It was cramped and just not enough equipment. A Smith Rack would be a real benefit.

Lot of fun and it was so good that my husband is willing to go on another cruise, which is a huge feat in itself since he has no desire to travel. Less

Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BD9056

We went to see the ruins with Native Choice (they are online). Excellent tour.

Read 1395 Costa Maya Reviews

Published 08/31/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review

Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?