Carnival Dream Cruise Review by mandiloos: Awesome

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Just returned from a week on the Dream and it was fantastic,we have no complaints about anything.

Embarkation was quick and simple , we were on board just after 11 ,had a lovely lunch on the lido deck and were in our room by 1.30.

As my husband and I have never cruised before I cant really compare it with anything.Our room was great we,d read about how the 6th floor was noisy and to be avoided but we had no problems at all, it was large, very clean and very handy for everything and had all mod cons we didnt even need shampoo or towels, there were even special towels to take on beach trips.Our room guy Ramil was brilliant he kept it clean and tidy and our towel creations were so good I didnt want to use them.

We were very overawed at the size of the ship and thought we would never get to know where we were going but within hours we seemed to get the hang of it.My favourite place was the lobbby where we just sat and gazed at the lifts which changed colours and More listened to the pianist it was so relaxing.

At the first stop in Nassau we just had a walk and found a lovely beach to be able to say Id paddled in the caribbean.Iwas impressed at how much you could do yourself just as soon as you got off the ship.

Later that day we were invited on a meet and greet by other people on cruise critic.This was really good as we didnt know anyone and it was nice to be able to say hello to a few familiar faces as the cruise progressed,I would like to thank Gasper and Laura for organising it and if any of them read this say hi to Nancy ,Kaitlin, Simon and Paula ,it was great to meet you all.

The food on board was fantastic, there was so much choice there is no excuse for people not getting something they liked,the only fault is theres too much of it.We tended to have breakfast and lunch on the lido deck in the buffet it was excellent quality especially the salads.In the evening we ate in the scarlett dining room and we were on early dining at 6pm.We were extremely impressed with the choices we had and received excellent service from our waiters..Ieven tried snails which I would never have done at home.If people are reading this and worrying about what to wear dont, apart from elegant nights when my hubby had a shirt and tie and I wore a dress it was very casual and comfortable.

When we docked in st Thomas we did a trip to Megans bay and shopping, the beach was lovely but not much shade and the shopping is only good if you want gold or diamonds which I didnt.However on our stop at ST Maarten we took a taxi to the beach near the airport , we had seen it on a TV program about the ten worst airports in the world,the planes fly right over the beach and you get blown all over the place, it was brilliant fun and the highlight of my trip.

Back on board we spent our sea days on the lido deck near the pool, we never struggled for a sun bed as we tend to be early risers and had usually breakfasted by 9.It was great being able to help yourself to tea ,coffee or juice and ice cream whenever you wanted.

We went to every show in the theatre and they were very professional and entertaining, Butch the entertainment manager was very funny especially in the last show when he was dressed as a woman, that was our favourite show as it involved passengers performing as singers and the quality was amazing.We also went to the comedians which were very good and country and western which started great with john denver but then changed to modern stuff nobody knew so we left.

All in all we had an amazing time on the Dream and it has certainly made us want to cruise again.Iwould like to thank Carnival and all the staff and all the people we met especially Melanie ,Dylan and Victoria.We will look forward to cruising again as soon as possible. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6268

Fabulous, big,clean,great views,handy for all activities,some corridor noise but not late at night.

You must go to the airport beach.