Carnival Magic Cruise Review by sarah: Fantastic ship, poor entertainment

Fantastic ship, poor entertainment

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Embarkment was easy and very quick, disembarkment was a bit manic. This was my 1st cruise but my parents 19th, their 1st with carnival, I was impressed with cruising and am now hooked but my parents were very disappointed with carnival and will not be traveling with them again. There is something missing on the Magic, not sure if Carnival wasn't prepared for the majority being Brits, Americans and Canadians and is more set up for Eastern Europeans???

The Magic is a beautiful ship and very clean, decor was bright and colourful, cabin 8437 an inside cabin for 3 was fine.

I went with 2 14 yr old girls who had an amazing time, they said that the clubs for kids wasn't set up right with ages, up to 11, then 12-14, then 15 -17,think it should be changed as they said their group was rather young for them as they are nearly 15. Also i like to spend time at night with them dancing and having fun but there wasn't a disco for us both, just over 21 s or their clubs. I hardly saw More them all holiday, just a few check ins in the day and evening meal.

The entertainment was very poor, i was expecting big shows nightly, we had an illusionist which was good, a female signer and a male signer and that was it!

The comedy club was great fun, Percy Cruise was hilarious. John the director was a very funny man.

The food was really good even in the marketplace at lunch. We went for anytime dinning but i wouldn't recommend this as we have to wait around 30 Min's every night, the ladies on the door are lovely but some of the waiters are miserable and ignore you, you don't get the same table/waiters at all. After complaining because we received 3 starters and my daughters main meal at the same time and when i asked for the waiter to take my daughters main away whilst we ate the starter he walked off! We never got put back on that table again, they made sure we got the nice staff.

Staff around the ship are pretty miserable to start with, taking a good few days to learn to smile and speak to you.

The red frog is a fun place to hang out with 2 great guys on guitars, the plaza bar is good to with some good bands playing. The piano bar is a nice way to end your evening.

The itinerary was perfect, we went to some fantastic ports.

Overall i had an amazing time and met some great people, i will definitely cruise again. One last thing,a little tip, on sea days, the sun bed situation is mad!!! You had to be up by 6am to grab a bed Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>