Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by SFBootLover: Worst vacation in 4 years

Worst vacation in 4 years

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my 3rd cruise and by far the worst. I'd go as far to say that it was one of the worst vacations I've ever been on. First off, the cruise ship is severely out-dated. Second of all, the food was terrible. You can order as much as you'd like, but one serving is plenty. You won't want to go back for more. By day 3, I had sharp stomach pains that lasted for over 12 hours.

The ship is much smaller than the other 2 ships I've been on, so you could really feel the rocking of the boat. It took me 4 days to fully recover from the swaying motion and the other girls who I traveled with also experienced this.

One particularly annoying aspect of the cruise was that they try to extort money out of you during the entire cruise - from sparkling water at dinner, to shots from the chef, to raffles where you have to purchase something to enter to classes at the fitness center. We even had to pay $2 to take a shuttle bus from the port to downtown Ensenada(which was a total More tourist trap).

Save your $400 and go elsewhere, unless you want to eat Sizzler style food every night and spend 8 hours in Ensenada where every shop sells the same junk. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Paradise Interior Riviera R 138

Decent cabin - small, but clean. Far away enough from the elevator where you could not hear running.

Chinatown is more exciting than this tourist trap with greasy food and chat-sky shops.

Read 246 Ensenada Reviews