Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Primmster

Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5+
        16+ 5+

Still Dreaming
Don't always believe what you read . Being our first cruise we were a little nervous reading all the bad reviews but we are glad we went with our gut feeling because all the bad reviews were wrong.

We had a awesome time and highly recommend it to everyone. I am 51 my wife is 45 and my to boys are 17 and 8 and we all had the time of our life's . We arrived at the port at 10:45am and were eating lunch at 11:30 am at the buffet. Our room was ready by 1:15 and our bags arrived around 5pm.

I do suggest taping one of your carry on with you so you can bring your bathing suits to have access to the pools. Our first dinner we were in the Scarlett upper dinning room a table for 4 we did ask to be changed to a bigger table so we could meet some new people but our waiter and assist were so nice we decided to stay put there names are I ketut and Sandy they were awesome. There were 4200 people on board 1200 of them children 18 and under you would think there would be long lines, the longest food line was one breakfast at the buffet and that was a whole 15 minutes. And one day my son had to wait 10 minutes to go down the water slide the drain pipe.

Our rooms were cleaned twice a day they new when we were gone and they never got in our way. They also got to know us very well and always catered to us our lead room attendant was Dennis .

We ate every dinner in the dinning room the meals were to good to miss . One of the bad reviews said the portions were to small . That is the only one I agree with however they will bring u ten plates full if you ask . We had double prime ribs one night along with multiple appetizers so I have to dis agree also . Did the Chefs art steak house one night well worth the 30:00 extra charge. The Pasta bar is awesome also and a little bit hidden find it it is a great lunch.

The pools are a little small but hey who goes on a cruise to stay in the pool. Are ports were great book shore excursions on our own much cheaper that way. Did a Atv tour in St Maarten I highly recommend it it is a great way to see a beautiful Island. We did the self debarkation called us at 7:05 we were waiting for our taxi at 7:25 we stayed at the Holiday inn express 2 miles down the road in Cocoa beach returned our rental car to Avis up the road they gave us a free shuttle to the port and then picked us up to get our car to go back to Orlando. Cost us 135.00 round trip much cheaper than any shuttle . All in all our first cruise was a a dream and we are glad we spent it on the Dream.
Publication Date: 08/26/11