Azura Cruise Review by Queen123

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OE
Cabin Number: R225
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Eastern Mediterranean aboard Azura 8.11
I had a fabulous time as a single traveller on board Azura. I found all staff to be friendly and helpful. I think if you are polite and well mannered and treat them how you would expect to be treated then that's what you get.

I found the cabin to be spacious, clean and well decorated. I was at the front of the ship which does mean though you get the pitch and the swing when you are in storms. We did encounter a force 11 and 2 force 8 which weren't mentioned in the captains log and perhaps should have been. You are better off in mid-ship if you are seasick. I was fine during all storms. I was awake during the force 11 but having previously been in a force 10 felt I was safe although yes at times it was a tad scary.

I thoroughly enjoyed exploring all aspects of the ship and used the Horizon guide as my bible to pick my own entertainment throughout the days. This Horizon was a god send to me. The entertainment was fabulous.

I thought this of the entertainment:-

Peter Piper -Hillarious

The Four Tops -the best act of the whole cruise by a mile.

Steve Larkin - was absolutely fantastic as Freddie Mercury.

The theatre group - the Headliners -were awesome -to put on the amount of variety of shows during the cruise must have took some doing!!! Fabulous!

Elton John, Peter Cutler and other comedians were poor for my taste.

I agree I couldn't get into the pools due to the children but it is the Summer holidays so I expected that anyhow! I was a little disappointed also that as a strong swimmer there is no shallow end in the pools. The pools however were well maintained -every morning I saw them being thoroughly cleaned out!

The food -I was on club dining. The waiters were superb and couldn't do enough for you! If there was nothing you liked on the menu he would sort something else for you - and the quality was of a fantastic standard!

The room stewardess was superb and very friendly and we had several good conversations!

Malaga!

Malaga was pretty disappointing -more of a building site and I found the tour boring -fell asleep on the coach -oops!

Kefalonia

Superb -did natural wonders and an amazing trip in cave and on a boat!

Korcula -did the Riviera cruise and a beautiful island!

Publication Date: 08/26/11