Azura Cruise Review by Queen123: Eastern Mediterranean aboard Azura 8.11

Eastern Mediterranean aboard Azura 8.11

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

I had a fabulous time as a single traveller on board Azura. I found all staff to be friendly and helpful. I think if you are polite and well mannered and treat them how you would expect to be treated then that's what you get.

I found the cabin to be spacious, clean and well decorated. I was at the front of the ship which does mean though you get the pitch and the swing when you are in storms. We did encounter a force 11 and 2 force 8 which weren't mentioned in the captains log and perhaps should have been. You are better off in mid-ship if you are seasick. I was fine during all storms. I was awake during the force 11 but having previously been in a force 10 felt I was safe although yes at times it was a tad scary.

I thoroughly enjoyed exploring all aspects of the ship and used the Horizon guide as my bible to pick my own entertainment throughout the days. This Horizon was a god send to me. The entertainment was fabulous.

I thought this of the More entertainment:-

Peter Piper -Hillarious

The Four Tops -the best act of the whole cruise by a mile.

Steve Larkin - was absolutely fantastic as Freddie Mercury.

The theatre group - the Headliners -were awesome -to put on the amount of variety of shows during the cruise must have took some doing!!! Fabulous!

Elton John, Peter Cutler and other comedians were poor for my taste.

I agree I couldn't get into the pools due to the children but it is the Summer holidays so I expected that anyhow! I was a little disappointed also that as a strong swimmer there is no shallow end in the pools. The pools however were well maintained -every morning I saw them being thoroughly cleaned out!

The food -I was on club dining. The waiters were superb and couldn't do enough for you! If there was nothing you liked on the menu he would sort something else for you - and the quality was of a fantastic standard!

The room stewardess was superb and very friendly and we had several good conversations!

Malaga!

Malaga was pretty disappointing -more of a building site and I found the tour boring -fell asleep on the coach -oops!

Kefalonia

Superb -did natural wonders and an amazing trip in cave and on a boat!

Korcula -did the Riviera cruise and a beautiful island! Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura Inside Stateroom A Deck R225

I was in R225 on Azura.It was extremely quiet except during the storm as we got the pitching and the swinging so my drawers and hangers and hair dryer moved alot but that was nothing. I loved that room. It was spacious and there was plenty of wardrobe space. Shower was tiny but I managed in it no problem. It wouldn't be ample for a large person. I am a size 12. Beds very comfy and pillows were nice and soft. I would recommend this room as had no problems whatsoever!

Corfu -arrived on a bank holiday - I did leisurely Corfu - I enjoyed the trip and I saw most of the town which I thought was pretty. The souvenir shops were open too! I wasn't impressed with the wasps -lots of them !lol!

Read 271 Corfu Reviews

Was pretty mountainous -was ok- nothing special!

(5.5)
My trip on a gondola was the gondola ride experience which was out of this world!

Read 514 Venice Reviews

(4)
I don't like Vigo itself however I did the spa retreat trip and that was amazing -to relax at the end of this holiday -superb!!
Read 205 Vigo Reviews