Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by rusty355f1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by rusty355f1
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: rusty355f1
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Lovely Ship
My husband and I are very experienced cruisers we have sailed on Seabourn Silversea, Crystal, Regent, and Princess to name a few so we were very curious how Celebrity Silhouette would hold up. The ship is beautiful, decorated in a elegant and understated style she never feels as large as she is so we were very pleased.

We stayed in Aqua Class and found the room to be very comfortable especially the bed and other than small storage areas it worked out nicely. I loved the shower and T.V. system.

The staff are friendly and very well trained. We ate in Blu most nights and found the service and food to be very good but my husband thought the menu was a little too minimalistic, I liked it. Our small experience with the main dinning room was to have lunch there a couple of times but we were not pleased with the service. We ate lunch most days in the buffet and they out did themselves with food choices but on sea days it can get a bit crowded but it is worth it. The outdoor grill needs a few more choices but the hamburger is delicious. Specialty restaurants: We ate at the Lawn Club first and it was on a port day so it was not windy the steak was perfectly cooked and the service was excellent. Next we ate at Murano this is a very special restaurant and if your looking for excellent food and amazing service this is the place, they go out of their way to please you. Next we ate at Tuscan it was beautiful but the service could have been a bit better maybe they were busy that night I don't know but the food was fab.

I have no comment on shows we never go but we do go to the casino most nights and found the staff to be very friendly and there was lots to do if you like to gamble.

We tour on our own so no comment on shore excursions.

The pool was a mad house on sea days it was impossible to find a chair as most of the people got up at the crack of dawn to put their stuff on the chairs so we stayed away. We tried the Alcoves on one port day and were not very impressed. The Alcoves do not face the water or the views they face the lawn and after 5min looking at the lawn there is nothing else to look at, they should have thought this through.

the Captain on the ship is the friendliest Captain I have ever sailed with and his mid day comments were something I began to look forward to. All in all we had a very pleasant time my only big suggestion to Celebrity is if your going to have a dress code and my preference would be smart casual as it is easier to pack for you should enforce it. On formal nights my husband and I took the time to dress appropriately but found people in all types of dress everywhere. No one seemed to care and my husband was not pleased he had to be uncomfortable. I will sail this ship again, the quality you get for the price cannot be beat.
Publication Date: 08/26/11