Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Blueblood: Best Cruise line to date.................

Blueblood
Member Since 2004

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Victoria Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Best Cruise line to date.................

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

We have been on a large number of cruises on different ships with different cruise lines. An early visit to the lido restaurant and the first evening meal made me realise that the quality of the food on the QV would far exceed that on other lines.The food remained of a consistently high standard throughout the entire cruise.

The ship itself is decoratively very tidy and very clean. There are plenty of areas and bars to sit in and unlike some ships you can always find a seat.Likewise, it was easy to find sunbeds or chairs on open decks.

I have been on a number of cruises with P&O but this was so much better. Before going, I wouldn't have believed that it could be.

My only slight complaint is that some of the staff are quite abrupt to almost to the point of being rude. This was the exception and we put it down to them being from Ukraine. The other is the entertainment, which to be fair, once you have seen one on-board show, you have seen them all. The More comedians were poor but the violinist was excellent.

Oh and another thing....why do people not comply with the dress code? Dress code for men is a jacket every evening and some nights a jacket and tie...did everyone wear them to dinner...no. Then why weren't they refused entry? - rant over.

We have a P&O booked for next year but having sampled Cunard, I am regretting it and If I could, would cancel and go with Cunard again. If you like P&O and you haven't tried Cunard yet you really should give it a go.

PS I hope I'm not one of the half-dead passengers referred to by the Lady from Jersey.... (Anna?) Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>