Island Escape Cruise Review by Carole Bailey: Island Escape

Island Escape

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I dont know why people put the Island Escape down as to me I don't want high brow and having to dress up every evening although I like to be smart.

The staff on the ship are very friendly apart from a couple of receptionists who dont speak English very well.

The entertainment team are brilliant and put on a good show each evening and there are guest acts as well.

The pool could have been bigger but I was out on trips every day so didnt spend a lot of time around it as there were too many children. I booked before the school holidays started but forgot that they break up earlier up north.

I have rebooked for May next year so shouldnt be same problem.

My disappointment was that I lost my purse on a trip to Sorrento, but the ship were very helpful and had to make me a new card to get back on board and in fact the police found my purse but couldnt get it back to the ship in time as we were due to set sail. They said they would send it to my More home address and in fact I got it back only last week, so thanks to all concerned.

Unfortunately there were a couple of rocky nights and they even had to close my port hole, luckilly I took my travel sick pills with me as I went on the mini cruise to the Canaries on the Thomson Spirit in December and we got caught up in a storm and we couldnt dock in La Palma so that was a disappointment, and had to stay in the cabin all day and missed out on the entertainment in the evening and no food all day as my daughter and I were feeling poorly (she came with me on that occasion)

My only grudge is that as a person who likes to go on holiday on my own (you always make new friends)is that you have the single supplement, after all the single cabins are not really enough room for two people. So what should be a cheap holiday turns out to be much more expensive, not good when you are a pensioner. But when you go on holiday on your own it is ideal as you can do what you want when you want, there are the organised trips for you and the entertainment in the evening and no one looks twice when you are eating on your own, but if you go to the restaurant in the evening you are usually sat with other people so there is always someone to talk to Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape

It was ample for me on my own

Didnt go much on this port

Read 642 Naples Reviews