“Enchantment of the Seas 08/11 New England/Canada Cruise”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

teamfour Enchantment of the Seas 5 Enchantment of the Seas 08/11 New England/Canada Cruise
teamfour
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I took the 9-night New England/Canada cruise and loved it! We figured it was time to cruise north instead of the Caribbean and Hawaii.

This ship is the perfect size. We have been on a mega-ship and found it to be way to large. Our large stateroom with window was forward on Deck 4 which proved to be an excellent location. Frederick our attendant was the best. The cabin was always clean and he was there in the morning to open my door when I was carrying two cups of coffee.

The Meet and Mingle should be called Seat and Single. The turnout was good but most folks sat down and kept to themselves. Name tags would have helped or at least pass the microphone around and have people introduce themselves. There were free drinks, snacks, and few door prizes. The whole event lasted about 20 minutes.

We never dined in the MDR, instead we opted for the Windjammer for all our meals. We were not disappointed.

The shows were great for the most part. We usually arrived about 40 minutes prior to the show and did not have an issue finding seats. However, most seats were taken with about 20 minutes prior to showtime. John Blair was the cruise director and we thought he was very good. His wife Katrina was the events coordinator and we found her to be good as well. Our favorite show was the tribute to the Temptations! Amazing! Bobby Arvon (he sang the Happy Day's song) was real good as well. 70's night in the Centrum was a blast to watch.

The ports were amazing. We did our own thing in all of them except Halifax where we took a ship's excursion of Peggy's Cove and the Titanic graves. I personally feel the gravesite visit is a little disrespectful since lots of visitors were trampling across graves or sitting on the head stones. I'm not sure this part of the tour serves any value other than a chance to say "wow". Peggy's Cove is a must see.

In Portland, ME we did the land/sea tour with Portland Discovery. Both parts were great with the sea part taking an edge. Value was great. In Bar Harbor we did the 2.5 hour Oli's Trolley tour to Acadia. Simply amazing. Also the town itself is a shopper's paradise. We did our own thing in Saint John; this was probably our least favorite port. In Boston we did the HOHO trolley. We rode the whole route at first to get an overview of the city. BTW, I was born here and got to see where I lived till age 5 on Commonwealth Ave and where my father went to school - MIT. After, we got off at Faniul Hall, grabbed something to eat, shopped, and saw the Paul Revere house. Great city and we are planning a return visit by train in the near future.

The weather was amazing. Rained for 5 minutes yesterday at sea. All ports were sunny and warm except for Bar Harbor which had a lot of fog most of the day. In fact, the tender boat had trouble finding the dock. Captain Anders was great! A few times we saw whales near the ship and harbour seals in the ports.

All in all we had a great time and will definitely sail RCI and the Enchantment again.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Enchantment of the Seas Review
Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?