Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Julia Lawrence: Booking a single cabin on the Dream ?-think again !

Julia Lawrence
0 Post

Booking a single cabin on the Dream ?-think again !

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I have just returned from a fortnight of sleep deprivation on the Thomson Dream. Although travelling with other extended family members I booked a single cabin- it has been the worst experience ever and the accommodation totally ruined my holiday.There are 18 single cabins and all are in dreadfully noisy locations.Despite paying a single supplement as a single traveller you get the worst end of the deal - either at the front (bow-thruster and vibration as you come into port, together with the constant coming and going of the crew who access their cabins from the same corridor, with their radios blaring , slamming of the door and briefings right outside your cabin door !!!!), to the rear where you get the engine noise and dreadful vibration.

For a woman intending to travel on their own I would not recommend the experience, as on top of the cabin noise itself I had to endure the foul mouthed obscenities and banging on the cabin wall from the man in the cabin next door who was More clearly the worst for wear due to drink ! thankfully I had family members on board the cruise or I don't know how I would have coped.

This was real shame as the crew were really friendly on the Dream, and the entertainment was good in the show lounge- but I missed a lot of it as I had to go to bed early as I was so exhausted from the lack of sleep. In case you are wondering yes I did ask to be moved cabin and was refused in writing ! as the ship was full!!! Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 4004

Dreadful cabin. Tiny with a port hole that had seen better days. could do with being refurbished despite the advert that said The Dream has been renovated - where ?right next to crew space. mattress too short for the bed frame. nowhere to dry your hair at the dressing table. only one accessible plug socket which only works if you have the mirror lights on. Dreadful vibration and noise when the bow-thrusters kick in, especially an hour before docking in port. Corridor outside noisy at various times of the day, especially when briefing the waiters right outside your door !