Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Julia Lawrence

Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Booking a single cabin on the Dream ?-think again !
I have just returned from a fortnight of sleep deprivation on the Thomson Dream. Although travelling with other extended family members I booked a single cabin- it has been the worst experience ever and the accommodation totally ruined my holiday.There are 18 single cabins and all are in dreadfully noisy locations.Despite paying a single supplement as a single traveller you get the worst end of the deal - either at the front (bow-thruster and vibration as you come into port, together with the constant coming and going of the crew who access their cabins from the same corridor, with their radios blaring , slamming of the door and briefings right outside your cabin door !!!!), to the rear where you get the engine noise and dreadful vibration.

For a woman intending to travel on their own I would not recommend the experience, as on top of the cabin noise itself I had to endure the foul mouthed obscenities and banging on the cabin wall from the man in the cabin next door who was clearly the worst for wear due to drink ! thankfully I had family members on board the cruise or I don't know how I would have coped.

This was real shame as the crew were really friendly on the Dream, and the entertainment was good in the show lounge- but I missed a lot of it as I had to go to bed early as I was so exhausted from the lack of sleep. In case you are wondering yes I did ask to be moved cabin and was refused in writing ! as the ship was full!!!

Publication Date: 08/25/11