Diamant Cruise Review by froggymama: The stars aligned to form the Diamant...

froggymama
Member Since 2011

The stars aligned to form the Diamant...

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Grenada

Let me start by saying I am a project manager by trade and, like work, I typically list and post it note myself into a frenzy on vacation, trying deperately to micro manage every second to ensure that I make the most of the trip. Sailing on the Diamant was...well...the absolute OPPOSITE of the traditional frenzied, tour and attraction laden vacation. This trip was a little slice of heaven.

No rushing around or fancy dinners or tourist traps to be found. My entire trip was spent enjoying every second of what what living life should be: clean, fresh air, unspoiled islands where swimming with the turtles brings tears of joy and eating lunch by the sea with new friends that feel like old friends is an occasion to be savored. Life on the Diamant brings out the best of what it is like to be a child again, swinging wildly off the rope swing. It also reminds you that being an adult is not so bad, as a few of us stayed up late drinking beer and playing dice games, laughing wildly at More our outrageous stories about "life as we know it".

A pod of dolphins treated the Diamant to a game of tag. Small, milky white fish swam around our ankles as we tried desperately to hop on our floaties but couldn't because we were laughing so hard. Snorkling brought us face to face with schools of tang and the graceful swaying of squid.

We soon had Ren, the Chief Steward, saying "Sahweet" at every meal (rumor has it that it is a gift he continues to give to future passengers). Our fellow passengers were amazing - all ages, experience, and life stories made for phenominal conversations, with the 6th degree of seperation being discovered amongst several of us. There was never a "missed moment" the entire week - some read, some took naps while others swam...some went ashore while others relaxed onboard. Every moment was exactly what we chose to make it...every moment was magic.

I loved the "come as you are" atmosphere. I loved the food, the staff, and all the friends I made over the course of the week. I loved the fact that after one day of dramamine, the ship rocked me gently to sleep every night. I loved the fact that my sailing mates cheered me on so I could gather the courage to snorkel in spite of my weak swimming ability. I could list a thousand more things I loved about this trip but most of them are mentioned in previous reviews. My heart longs to go back to the sea...to Diamant... Less

Read more Diamant cruise reviews >>