Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by windsor123456: Scandalous Solstice Seniors' Sales Strategy

windsor123456
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Scandalous Solstice Seniors' Sales Strategy

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Here is part of the article I wrote for my online newspaper. You can read the entire article here http://www.windsorsquare.ca/2011/08/19/shocking-celebrity-cruises-guest-strategies-exposed/

Oh Celebrity Cruise Line. You think you are being so smart don't you. I can see through your sales and marketing gimmicks. After all, you are dealing with the Blogmeister, the investigative Windsor Square Blogger who gets to the heart of the matter no matter how hard someone tries to cover it up.

Imagine, offering my wife and me a Solstice Sky suite at slightly more than the cost of the cabin that I originally booked merely because you offered huge discounts to seniors right before the cruise date. There weren't that many people who would see and then act so quickly to grab such a sweet "suite" deal. You expected that I would be watching closely the cruise rates changing as many of your customers do. You knew exactly what you were doing and that I would respond! I did not see your More call centre people trying to talk me out of it either but in fact encouraged me to rebook for the better accommodations.

We had a cabin almost twice the size of a normal one staffed with a Butler, room steward and his assistant. Oh sure, I know you instructed your cabin staff to keep the doors open to the normal cabins for us to see how small they were in comparison with what we received as we walked by them on the way to the elevators.

A bottle of champagne on arrival and then a fruit basket and hors d'oeuvres every day after we came back from our tours... I know what you are doing. You hooked us. How can we ever book a normal cabin after what we experienced? We are stuck. We always have to book a suite now if we choose to take another cruise.

There is no point beating around the bush. Our cruise holiday was superb. It easily exceeded our expectations by far. Once we stepped on board, our fears that this holiday could be a disaster and that we should have stayed at a land-based resort disappeared. Great food, cheerful service, absolute cleanliness, smoothness in transit, entertainment and a wonderful itinerary...who could ask for anything more! It is completely unfair of you to offer first-time cruisers such a great deal! Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Sky Suite Continental Deck (6) 8336

Great suite with views of both the starboard and aft. Very relaxing to watch the ship's wake. It was HUGE...bigger than our hotel room in Barcelona with plenty of storage and spotlessly kept clean. It's a long walk to the elevators relatively speaking being at the end of the corridor but it also means no hallway noise. However, when our room steward saw us coming back to the suite, he was always there to open it for us. Quite quiet with only a small bit of vibration when the engines were really working hard. We never knew that we had people beside us. No soot on the balcony either. It too seemed quite large. The only oddity---the support pole beside the bed that made getting out of bed a challenge in the dark