Marco Polo Cruise Review by Mrs Thame: Spectacular Fjiords

Spectacular Fjiords

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)

My mother (86) and I have just returned from the Majestic Fjordland cruise. The cruise lived up to all our expectations. The Fjords were wonderful, the clean air and views spectacular, the peace and quiet was lovely.

We were apprehensive about being allocated a cabin on the lowest deck, but it was fine, enough room for everything to be put away and with all mod cons. The ship was well maintained and kept scrupulously clean by the crew, you did not think that it was an older ship.

My mother is a bit of a fussy eater and I was concerned that the menu would not be to her taste, however the variety of food, presentation and quality was faultless. The waiting staff couldn't have been more helpful. Drinks in the restaurant and bars were reasonable, the house wine was most acceptable (£5/250 ml carafe), the cocktails in the bars were £3.85 and the tap water in the cabin is perfectly drinkable.

The entertainment was varied and there was something to suit More everyone, if you chose to get involved. The embarkation and disembarkation process was handled very well, a lot less bother than flying. I would recommend the Marco Polo to anyone as a vessel and hope to travel aboard her again. Less

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marco Polo Review >>

Cabin review: Marco Polo Caribic Deck 105

Adequate space for storage, although not enough coat hangers in wardrobe. Bed very comfortable. The bathroom was the only area that seemed dated, I think that the sink units will need replacing in the future. The shower was temperamental, going from hot to cold and visa versa when you thought that you had the setting right.