“August on the Conquest”

TexasCruiser2010
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Traveling out of Galveston was smooth and uneventful. Our first two days at sea were wonderful. The casino is awesome but I do have problems with the Texas Hold Em computerized game. The playing is very inconsistent. Some terminals get the best deals while others get all the junk deals. What makes it worse, is it changes randomly. They need a dealer lead table. Get rid of the computer.

Our first port of call was Montego Bay, Jamaica. Our stop was Negril / Margaritaville. This excursion was a complete waste of time and money. From the moment my son and I stepped on the beach, we were hounded by someone selling "Cigarettes and Cigars" It was nice when he ran off when the Negril Marine Police showed up. The water trampoline was broken. The buffet was awful and it was hard to eat with the smell of someone smoking marijuana near the kitchen. We then drove 10 minutes up the road to spend another 20 minutes watching people dive off the cliffs into the water. Ohh Ahhh. I am glad Carnival reimbursed the money I spent for this excursion.

Next day was even more of a disaster. The cruise staff failed to mention ahead of time that the excursion tickets had TWO different departure times listed. We selected the Allure catamaran trip to Stingray Island. On the ticket it said under the departure location: Toulouse-Lautrec Lounge 7:30am. Under the departure time was listed: 8:15am. What they failed to tell us was the 7:30 am time was the departure from the ship and the 8:15am time was the departure from the dock. REALLY?????? So we missed out trip, but at least they set us up on a similar trip and refunded us the cost difference.

Third excursion was in Cozumel, Mexico. We traveled to the Playa Maya Resort. This was an all inclusive trip. It was AWSOME!!!! My only beef was the sand. It was clearly trucked in form somewhere to make a beach. Otherwise the two water trampolines and water pyramid were allot of fun. My son enjoyed them all. The resorts meal was fair and the included beer and drinks were flowing free. This resort even had a pool for those who did not want to venture to the beach. Overall it was wonderful.

The rest of the cruise went great. My son enjoyed the teen events and play area. The ship's food was decent. The pools were a bit small though. The casino was awesome.

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Upper/Lower

1A1435
Cabin 1435 was alright. It was close to the rear elevators. My only big beef was the fold down bunk bed was right above my bed. I am 6 feet 6 inches tall. Every time I got up, I had to remind myself about the bunk bed so I did not crown myself. Bathroom and shower were space friendly. Even for a man my size.

Stingray beach is always great. Rum Point beach could be a little more inclusive. Don't be so stingy with your toys.

Awful port of call. Nice tour staff but the Negril-Margaritaville trip was a waste of money. Jimmy Buffet should get his money back from that resort.

Published 08/23/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?