Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Namby

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Stockholm
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Cruise to the Northern Baltic July 28, 2011
We were met at the Stockholm airport and were pleasantly surprised to see that we were going to have a 3 hr tour of the city. The buses throughout our entire cruise were comfortable well equipped coaches.

When we arrived at the ship we went immediately to our stateroom. I think by doing the tour of the city we missed the mass embarkation. Most cruises we have had to wait several hrs while they redid the cabins. This was perfect! When I saw the walk-in closet I couldn't believe the space. One could easily do a world cruise and maybe still not use all the drawer space.

My only complaint about the bathroom was the lighting for putting on makeup. The way the lighting is set made many shadows and I really never knew what I looked like. :)

I won't say I was disappointed in the food...but being a "foodie" we thought it could have been better. Maybe not so "way out there". Sometimes mine was warm, not hot. They were wonderful about providing anything you might want providing you ordered it the night before. I had escargot several time...the best ever!

Everyone of the crew and staff were friendly, helpful and we almost felt they were family. Our cabin steward did an outstanding job.

The excursions were handled in an orderly manner. I have been on many ships where the lining up for excursions was mass chaos! They were explicit regarding time of arrival to theater...can't see how it could have been done better. All our in-city guides were informative and spoke English very well.

All in all this was one of our best cruises!

I have to add one more thing that touched our hearts almost bringing tears to our eyes: Our tour to Berlin was a gruelling 12 1/2 hrs. An accident on the Autobahn held us up 1 1/2 in traffic. When we arrived at the pier there was a red carpet from bus to gangway. The carpet was lined on both sides with crew & staff in dress uniforms cheering & clapping to music for US! What a welcome!

They actually felt our pain :) and took it all away.

Publication Date: 08/23/11