Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Namby: Cruise to the Northern Baltic July 28, 2011

Namby
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

Cruise to the Northern Baltic July 28, 2011

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Stockholm

We were met at the Stockholm airport and were pleasantly surprised to see that we were going to have a 3 hr tour of the city. The buses throughout our entire cruise were comfortable well equipped coaches.

When we arrived at the ship we went immediately to our stateroom. I think by doing the tour of the city we missed the mass embarkation. Most cruises we have had to wait several hrs while they redid the cabins. This was perfect! When I saw the walk-in closet I couldn't believe the space. One could easily do a world cruise and maybe still not use all the drawer space.

My only complaint about the bathroom was the lighting for putting on makeup. The way the lighting is set made many shadows and I really never knew what I looked like. :)

I won't say I was disappointed in the food...but being a "foodie" we thought it could have been better. Maybe not so "way out there". Sometimes mine was warm, not hot. They were wonderful about providing anything you might want More providing you ordered it the night before. I had escargot several time...the best ever!

Everyone of the crew and staff were friendly, helpful and we almost felt they were family. Our cabin steward did an outstanding job.

The excursions were handled in an orderly manner. I have been on many ships where the lining up for excursions was mass chaos! They were explicit regarding time of arrival to theater...can't see how it could have been done better. All our in-city guides were informative and spoke English very well.

All in all this was one of our best cruises!

I have to add one more thing that touched our hearts almost bringing tears to our eyes: Our tour to Berlin was a gruelling 12 1/2 hrs. An accident on the Autobahn held us up 1 1/2 in traffic. When we arrived at the pier there was a red carpet from bus to gangway. The carpet was lined on both sides with crew & staff in dress uniforms cheering & clapping to music for US! What a welcome!

They actually felt our pain :) and took it all away. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 740

We were extremely happy with our location, our cabin, cabin layout, and balcony. Loved the walk-in closet (where I could dress sometimes). My only complaint is the lighting in the bathroom. It wasn't bright enough over the sink for makeup application and the lighting threw many shadows on my face.

We have been to Amsterdam before and opted to see the countryside. Feel this tour was a waste of time.

This was a LONG day! We paid extra for this excursion as there were sights that we wanted to see that the inclusive excursion did not include. I think we could have done without seeing the "largest department store in the world". Did have the best lunch on our lunch break. Thought supplying the bus with snack lunches was a thoughtful idea.

Read 50 Berlin Reviews

Loved this tour and our tour guide Christian. Felt we saw most of the city.

Enjoyed this port. Saw the highlights and had enough time to look around to buy or grab a bite to eat.

Read 41 Gdansk Reviews

(2)
This port we could have skipped. It was rather boring and our guide was hard to understand. No microphones. It seemed to be poorly managed in her route; as if there really wasn't much to see!

Read 26 Riga Reviews

Guides on both days were perfect! We paid extra money for these excursions as with the way Regent arranged the inclusive tour we would not have been able to see as much of the city.

(5.5)
Loved, loved this quaint medieval village. This guide was the best of all our tours!

Read 351 Tallinn Reviews