“Never Again!!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

Rose Burgess Radiance of the Seas 2 Never Again!!
Rose Burgess
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My first ever Cruise was a disaster!

On April I left the UK to travel to Tampa Florida for a 15 day cruise on the Royal Caribbean@s Radiance of the Seas. I was looking forward to this great experience because I was going on holiday with some old friends with whom I hadn't holidayed for forty years. It was a sort of extended reunion.

We were also celebrating one of my friend's 60th birthday. She had chosen a cruise as her celebration instead of a party. All three of us were excited and looking forward to spending time together as well as the experience of going through the Panama Canal.

The entire holiday was booked via Royal Caribbean, including the flight from Heathrow to Miami and on to Tampa. I was due to spend a night at a Tampa Hotel before boarding the ship the following day. However, from the start there was a lack of organisation and care. I, along with other travellers were left stranded at Miami Airport overnight, and we had to sleep on the airport floor. Although I had managed to contact Royal Caribbean, their staff showed no initiative or care. They simply did not want to know. Royal Caribbean did not accept any responsibility for our experience. And offered no explanation for the lack of customer care.

Although, in general the majority of staff on board were helpful and courteous. I found that there was a lack of organisation and interest from a number of staff. Some simply believed in the hype that Royal Caribbean represented. For example, each evening a 'Cruise Compass' was delivered to our cabin. This detailed all the activities for the following day. However, on these were not always available when I turned up for some activities, and the staff had an 'I don't care' attitude which I found most unacceptable.

Disembarking was yet another farce. It was all very disorganised and as a result, we disembarked with only a hour to catch our flight. In addition, I found that my case was badly damaged and surprise, surprise, Royal Caribbean staff were disinterested, unhelpful and downright rude when I complained. I did however, receive compensation for my damaged suitcase after I telephoned and made a complaint.

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Port
Didn't take a guidfed tour at this port as I wanted to look around at my own pace. Experience at the port was one of being harrased by so called guides. Once we got rid of our 'guide' it was enjoyable to look around.

Read 181 Acapulco Reviews
Published 08/23/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?