Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Growl: Who is the celebrity on this cruse?
Overall Member Rating
Who is the celebrity on this cruse?
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
I will try a bullit point our thoughts to keep it brief, hope it helps!
- children used main pools and jacuzi's a lot which retricted the aduld use.
- atmosphere was consistenetly adult with sophistcated bars and entertainment in the evenings.
- childerens entertainment was more educational than fun based according to other passengers feedback.
- food in the main didning was exceptional with plenty of vegetarian choice, we did not feel any need to use speciality dining.
- rear facing balconies were good on any deck level, some side balconies had a view of thelifeboats.
- we booked concierge class but did not experience any benifits, preferential dininig?, appertiefs?, it did give us an extended room service menu that we did not use though.
- ship felt overcrowded - perhaps celebrity jammed us in to achieve maximum profit?
- sunbeds were inn short supply and the areas around them were very crowded.
- More drinks were very, very expensive £6.60 for a bottle of magners and OVER £5 for a can of guinness this includes their 15% charge - oh and when you are in spanish waters they add another 8% local tax.
- difficult to get a seat in the coffee lounge due to number of passengers.
- bars only staffed by a couple of people so service was quite slow.
- sky bar was a great place as was the observation lounge, it wa a shame though that the observation lounge was a smoking venue at the front as the smell permiatted throughout the room.
- we did not use the lawn area.
I know this looks like a bit of a moan but these little touches are what matter, all in all it was a very clean, fresh ship, it is quite sophisticated and i would put its main target passengers as those looking for a classy cruise. Less
Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>
Poor Value For The Money
Exceptionally clean ship, good...
Beware Vibration and Noise, Ca...
Beware double charging
First Cruise on Celebrity in A...
Best Overall Entertainment of ...
Fun Times on the Eclipse
First Large Ship Cruise