Carnival Elation Cruise Review by bushmouse: Great Ship and People

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Ship and People

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Mobile

The Carnival Elation was a well designed and maintained ship. I decided to take a last minute cruise out of Mobile before Carnival pulls the Elation.

The Alabama Cruise Terminal was very easy access, park, and check in. Great job on the facility. The only downfall was returning. They definitely could use a bigger luggage area and more customs agents.

The past several cruises I've been on have been on bigger ships so I was not particularly looking forward to the smaller Fantasy class ship. The Elation had an incredibly smooth ride for it's size. Immediately upon boarding I noticed how beautiful the ship was, and how well it was maintained throughout. The ship had a lot to offer in the form of entertainment.

The staff of the ship reflected the spirit of Carnival Cruise Lines. They were warm, fun, courteous, and helpful. I truly felt they were glad to see me.

The only area I would recommend for improvement would be the buffet dining. The food was More good and the selection was okay, but nothing spectacular.

Overall it was a great experience, and I look forward to sailing on the Elation in the future. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Oceanview Main E-147

Nice sized ocean view cabin for the price. The bathroom was slightly larger than most ships I've been on. All in all a nice cabin.

What can I say? This was my fourth time in Cozumel. Was a nice day at the beach and some great shopping. Plenty to do here.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

Not too much to do here. Mainly Carnival excursions. I went to Corona Beach which was free and had a few drinks. It was a nice relaxing day.

Read 285 Progreso Reviews