Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by phredclark

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by phredclark
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: phredclark
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: E3
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Radiance Alaska 8/5
Regular cruisers with Royal Caribbean, 3 times on this ship. Updates to the ship were nice but I agree with other posters that the restaurants that take space away from the Windjammer are a rip-off. Food quality is becoming more and more institutional. That said, I had a steak in Chop's that was one of the best I have ever eaten. Service in Chop's was spectacular.

Service on board was very good. This Captain runs a very tight ship and every person I interacted with was professional. Too bad I never saw the TV repairman.

I had a few issues with the new TV's in the staterooms, no reception for most of the cruise. Multiple repairs were fruitless. Not too bad though, I wasn't forced to watch the cruise directors pitch for every stupid jewelry store in the ports (the exact same as every Caribbean port).

Good service in the dining room. Wine was decent but certainly at restaurant prices not liquor store prices, no real surprise here.

We had GREAT weather, no rain at all. Very unusual from what I hear.

We will cruise again with RCI but I wish they would work on improving food quality in the Windjammer.

Publication Date: 08/22/11
Read the Alaska ports review by phredclark
More Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews