Crown Princess Cruise Review by Carpman&mrs

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Stunning Fjords!!!!!!
We are a married couple in our 30's and we took my parents along for the ride!

My Dad is partially sighted and Mum has mobility problems so I did have concerns about how they would get on being on such a large ship!!!

I needn't have worried- they loved it

We arrived at Southampton and was car to ship in half an around hour that's with walking slowly to allow for my Mum.

Having been on this ship before it certainly made a difference having a different crowd onboard - there was such a good atmosphere.

The only thing in my opinion that let it down was the entertainment, the guest acts were of a poor standard compared to other cruise lines and they repeated all the acts a lot.

The food in MDR was very good as was the speciality restaurant. The buffet I felt had limited choice compared to other cruise lines and getting a seat could sometime be a problem but if you're happy to share you get chatting to people and pick up great cruise ideas for future holidays- nothing better than first hand reviews!

The service everywhere was of a very high standard and I can't praise our MDR waiters Ricardo an Alan enough!

The itinerary was great the scenic cruising amazing! We did ship excursions every day and they were all very good and some of the best excursions I have ever done.

We had a balcony cabin which I feel is a must on this cruise and loved sitting out on the light evenings with a glass of wine (it was light up till around midnight!)

Stavanger- we did a cruise up the Lysefjord which had stunning scenery and the boat virtually went underneath a waterfall...got a bit wet! I was concerned as the open viewing area was upstairs; however there were side areas on the lower deck to allow for anyone with mobility problems to see the view also. You also have a stop for coffee and waffles. The town had a lovely feel to it and I felt I would have been happy to just wander around and soak up the atmosphere.

Olden- probably my favourite port on this cruise but maybe due the excursion we did. We did the hike of the Briksdal Glacier and it was stunning....a word I'm using a lot!!! We booked my parents on a scenic drive of the Nordfjord which they liked but I wish we had taken them with us as there were electric buggies taking people up to the top so they could have managed the last 10 min walk to see the glacier and driven right past the waterfall. They do offer fishing trips here there are also lots of public walkways' so if I go back to this port will opt for doing our own thing rather than an excursion.

Hellesylyt/Geiranger - My parents did the Mt Dalsnibba, Stryn lake and Buldrefossen waterfall excursion and this was the highlight of their trip, they loved it! It is a long day but well worth it by all accounts. We however did Kayaking which is a great experience although you didn't see anything different as you kayak up and down the area where your cruise ship sails!!!

Bergen- this was probably my least favourite port but only because the others were just so amazing. We did Mt Floein Funicular and city drive. This is probably the only excursion I wouldn't recommend although the views from the top are good; think I may just have gotten a bit spoilt by then from all the astounding scenery and trips throughout this wonderful cruise.

The ship areas are all spotlessly clean and the atrium with free pastries makes a good place to sit and chill on returning back on board. The spa is good although no sea views from the Persian garden area which I personally like to have. As always I took my gym stuff and didn't go!!!!..... but I didn't feel bad as we did so much walking throughout this cruise.

We were very lucky with the weather and had sunshine throughout, Oldens first nice day since 12th May!

We all had a lovely time and definitely got the holiday blues on our return to reality and work etc!! A cruise I cannot recommend highly enough!!!

I will definitely cruise this area again and can't wait to book up although will probably go for Celebrity next time, having said that I'm sure we will cruise with Princess again also.

Happy Cruising!

Publication Date: 08/22/11
More Crown Princess Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Crown Princess review Read the next Crown Princess review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews
Baltic Cruise - A fabulous...
not so delicious