Queen Victoria Cruise Review by LadyofJersey: Discovery of the Adriatic

Discovery of the Adriatic

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

The Good

*A very beautiful ship.

*Very clean, compact stateroom that was cleaned twice a day for me.

*Excellent food with very good service.

*Great library

*Very good guest speaker (Martin Bell)

*Everyone dresses up for formal nights

*Helpful and friendly staff

*Everything was on time

*Some good bargains in the shops at the end of the cruise

*Decent tv programmes and channels

*Clean toilets all over the ship

*Enough choice and variety of food for all

*Easy to find quiet areas, even though the ship was full

*Very fast lifts/elevators

*Alcohol is pretty decently priced

*Embarkation/disembarkation was pretty straightforward and easy

The Bad and the Ugly

***BEWARE THE SPA!!***

***BEWARE THE SPA!!***

I think the spa is only there to sell you Elemis products at around $100+ a go. I think all the staff are told to More push their products on all their clients, even though the prices for them are extortionate. The wealthy onboard might not think anything of paying $100 for a cream or some Chinese pills but 'normal' people do no such thing. Those I know who went to the spa (including me) had the hard sell on everything. The pressure is quite unbelievable.

The spa is anything from 50% - 150% more expensive than your local salon. The therapists are very well trained and know what they are doing, but the prices are quite threatening, as is their selling technique.

As a solo traveller I had asked for a table with other solo travellers.....and got no such thing. I also found out I was the the only solo traveller between 0 - 65 - (I am 36) so felt quite lonely for a lot of my cruise as there were few people to hang out with. Although the line are very good and hold solo travellers coffee times etc. as a youngish person I found it quite difficult.

I have never taken a cruise from a British port before but beware of all the half dead people on board....I don't mean OAPs, but those who can barely move! I felt quite sorry for a number of people on the cruise because they could barely move they were that old/sick. Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Victoria Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Victoria Standard Inside Deck 7 7069

Inside cabin in the middle of the ship... Comfortable double bed, compact bathroom that had great toiletries and good towels- good wardrobe space. TV was conveniently placed but volume 1 was to loud on most channels.