Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Flightquarters: Incomparable! Extraordinary!
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Hard to find new superlatives to those this remarkable ship has justifiably garnered! It really is in a class by itself! We thoroughly enjoyed our Easter Caribbean cruise from start to finish! Some observations/pointers:
• Amber Theater tends to be c-c-cold. The vents are along the baseboard at bottom of the seats. We were freezing during Chicago matinee. Easily remedied by wearing long sleeves and/or pants.
• Be sure and take a goodly number of pictures at night with a good camera. You'll be pleasantly surprised how striking and aesthetic the ship looks when you review the pictures later - as the ship (almost unnoticeably) changes hue throughout.
• Our steward for our sixth deck cabin, Junar - was extraordinary!
• Concur with most that Main Dining Room food was good, but not extraordinary; meanwhile - disagree with others insofar as we found breakfast to be our favorite meal there.
• The hot dog stand sausages are most More satisfying.
• We wished Rita's matched its flair for frolic with flavor - which was disappointing. Should add that our twenty-year old daughter was not thrilled to be "volunteered" for an all-girl "dance-off" - which digressed into near burlesque (benefit a few drinks those of age imbibed). In retrospect, should have let her demure.
• Think twice about St. Maarten's "Mountain bike adventure." The island may not have mountains, but the chose route it hilly, through pastures among cows and yes - cow patties (kid you not). Also - goes rain or shine - so be prepared to get wet (just in case).
• Our cruise director Allan Brooks was hysterical! Naturally funny without being obnoxious. Wished we'd seen more of him! We enjoyed the comedians as well.
• 11th deck aft balconies remain well-kept secrets. Only a couple others when I visited; and have choice of shade or sun.
• 14th deck Port Side access to forward-most bridge-wings are not always open due to winds/weather; so make a point of checking as is worth the photo-shop - particularly at sunset.
• As others have observed, embarkation and debarkation were so flawless and smooth we thought we were being punk'd! A case-study in crowd control. BRAVO!
• The well placed touch-screen "What to do now," "Restroom Finder" and "Restaurant Busy Meters" are inspired! Do check them out.
• The underutilized running/jogging track was a treat!
• Do be sure and tour the spa the first day. Even if unable to afford - is well worth a look-see as is striking.
• Do attend the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. As others have observed, the many no-shows make for terrific odds for winning door prizes! (we did!) Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: D46136 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D4) Reviews >>
Beautiful ship and fun cruise ...
Oasis of the Seas is a great s...
Beautiful Ship, Great Food and...
The Best Ever Cruise & Holiday...
Too big, too crowded & too exp...
Service charges and gratuities...
RCL Has Been Our Cruise Line o...