Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Flightquarters: Incomparable! Extraordinary!
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Hard to find new superlatives to those this remarkable ship has justifiably garnered! It really is in a class by itself! We thoroughly enjoyed our Easter Caribbean cruise from start to finish! Some observations/pointers:
• Amber Theater tends to be c-c-cold. The vents are along the baseboard at bottom of the seats. We were freezing during Chicago matinee. Easily remedied by wearing long sleeves and/or pants.
• Be sure and take a goodly number of pictures at night with a good camera. You'll be pleasantly surprised how striking and aesthetic the ship looks when you review the pictures later - as the ship (almost unnoticeably) changes hue throughout.
• Our steward for our sixth deck cabin, Junar - was extraordinary!
• Concur with most that Main Dining Room food was good, but not extraordinary; meanwhile - disagree with others insofar as we found breakfast to be our favorite meal there.
• The hot dog stand sausages are most More satisfying.
• We wished Rita's matched its flair for frolic with flavor - which was disappointing. Should add that our twenty-year old daughter was not thrilled to be "volunteered" for an all-girl "dance-off" - which digressed into near burlesque (benefit a few drinks those of age imbibed). In retrospect, should have let her demure.
• Think twice about St. Maarten's "Mountain bike adventure." The island may not have mountains, but the chose route it hilly, through pastures among cows and yes - cow patties (kid you not). Also - goes rain or shine - so be prepared to get wet (just in case).
• Our cruise director Allan Brooks was hysterical! Naturally funny without being obnoxious. Wished we'd seen more of him! We enjoyed the comedians as well.
• 11th deck aft balconies remain well-kept secrets. Only a couple others when I visited; and have choice of shade or sun.
• 14th deck Port Side access to forward-most bridge-wings are not always open due to winds/weather; so make a point of checking as is worth the photo-shop - particularly at sunset.
• As others have observed, embarkation and debarkation were so flawless and smooth we thought we were being punk'd! A case-study in crowd control. BRAVO!
• The well placed touch-screen "What to do now," "Restroom Finder" and "Restaurant Busy Meters" are inspired! Do check them out.
• The underutilized running/jogging track was a treat!
• Do be sure and tour the spa the first day. Even if unable to afford - is well worth a look-see as is striking.
• Do attend the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. As others have observed, the many no-shows make for terrific odds for winning door prizes! (we did!) Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: D46136 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D4) Reviews >>
Cruising on Freedom of the Sea...
Too Crowded and Disappointing
One of the best cruises..........
Another Wonderful Cruise with ...
Very new experience for old sa...
Sometimes bigger is not better...
An Amazing Time
Allure of the Seas is wonderfu...