“Ground Hog Day on a Floating Buffet”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

getskinnydelilah Enchantment of the Seas 4 Ground Hog Day on a Floating Buffet
getskinnydelilah
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
For six days and five nights, I ate my little 127.2lb-heart out, and laid out with my pigment-challenged girlfriends, mostly cuz I knew that if I got darker, my teeth would look whiter and we all know how expensive professional teeth whitening can be. I even attempted to learn the "Dougie dance" with the help of a friendly crew from Howard University (go Bisons!), but it just looked like I was having a seizure...so that was the end of that.

So, we're back from the royal wedding!!! Royal Caribbean, that is, where our friend Ashley traded in her "Miss" for a "Mrs.!" This was truly a trip to remember.

From start to finish, the trip was filled with "pee-in-your-pants" laughter and pranks from our group. Hanging with some of my closest friends, bonding with the ship's crew, and chilling out with the local Bermudians while chowing down on a whole, fried just-pulled-outta-the-ocean rock fish were just some of the highlights.

I can't leave out that each day also began and ended with uncontrollable eating...and eating...and eating. It was like a ground-hog day on a floating buffet (ha, that rhymes).

We started in the Windjammer Cafe for all sorts of breakfast yummies and made-to-order omlettes, then later we grazed on french fries, pizza, and veggie burgers (I may have had an orange the first day...oooo) at the Solarium Bistro. For dinner, we herded like cattle to the My Fair Lady dining room where we gorged ourselves in, what seemed like, every delicious creature found in the sea (i.e. all-you-can-eat lobster) and on land (i.e. all-you-can-eat porterhouse steak).

Despite a few healthy meals, I can't deny that I ate like a linebacker. So, why was I still surprised yesterday when the scale said I had gained almost 7lbs since the morning of the trip? I guess I was hoping that the two days of motion sickness would've have offset the outcome. Oh well, I've got some work ahead of me...13.8lbs of work, to be exact.

But, you know what, I'm surprised to say that I'm okay and not as devastated as I thought I'd be. The bottom line is that I had a blast. So what if I gained a little weight?! In exchange, I gained some amazing memories and forged new relationships, and best of all, witnessed my friend's special day. Sooo well worth the upcoming, borderline abusive workouts from my trainer!!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Inside Stateroom

K
Our cabin steward...perfection. The room...small and cozy. The downside was that we always wanted to fall asleep when we were in the room. Overall, the cabins were great. Bathroom wasn't as small as I had anticipated. Slept like a baby!

Bermuda was fantastic, just fantastic. Departing the ship alone was effortless. As for the locals, they were gracious and hospitable. We were treated like family. Our more memorable dining experience was a little restaurant about 3-4 miles from the dockside called Woody's...fantastic whole fried fish and sinful fried shrimp!! The owner (I think his name was Bully Taka) spent hours with us talking about the Bermudian culture and about his day as a fisherman. Blew us all away. Bermudians are wonderful people and very gracious. After gorging ourselves at Woody's, we went to Big Fish near the dock (very cute) and closed our Bermudian experience at Snorkel Park--insane music!!

I should also mention that the beach at Horseshoe Bay was like nothing I had ever seen before...fine grains of powdery pink sand and the clearest blue water were just breathtaking.

Definitely going back to Bermuda, Bully! Have our fish ready!

Published 08/15/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Enchantment of the Seas Review
Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?