Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by getskinnydelilah

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by getskinnydelilah
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: getskinnydelilah
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ground Hog Day on a Floating Buffet
For six days and five nights, I ate my little 127.2lb-heart out, and laid out with my pigment-challenged girlfriends, mostly cuz I knew that if I got darker, my teeth would look whiter and we all know how expensive professional teeth whitening can be. I even attempted to learn the "Dougie dance" with the help of a friendly crew from Howard University (go Bisons!), but it just looked like I was having a seizure...so that was the end of that.

So, we're back from the royal wedding!!! Royal Caribbean, that is, where our friend Ashley traded in her "Miss" for a "Mrs.!" This was truly a trip to remember.

From start to finish, the trip was filled with "pee-in-your-pants" laughter and pranks from our group. Hanging with some of my closest friends, bonding with the ship's crew, and chilling out with the local Bermudians while chowing down on a whole, fried just-pulled-outta-the-ocean rock fish were just some of the highlights.

I can't leave out that each day also began and ended with uncontrollable eating...and eating...and eating. It was like a ground-hog day on a floating buffet (ha, that rhymes).

We started in the Windjammer Cafe for all sorts of breakfast yummies and made-to-order omlettes, then later we grazed on french fries, pizza, and veggie burgers (I may have had an orange the first day...oooo) at the Solarium Bistro. For dinner, we herded like cattle to the My Fair Lady dining room where we gorged ourselves in, what seemed like, every delicious creature found in the sea (i.e. all-you-can-eat lobster) and on land (i.e. all-you-can-eat porterhouse steak).

Despite a few healthy meals, I can't deny that I ate like a linebacker. So, why was I still surprised yesterday when the scale said I had gained almost 7lbs since the morning of the trip? I guess I was hoping that the two days of motion sickness would've have offset the outcome. Oh well, I've got some work ahead of me...13.8lbs of work, to be exact.

But, you know what, I'm surprised to say that I'm okay and not as devastated as I thought I'd be. The bottom line is that I had a blast. So what if I gained a little weight?! In exchange, I gained some amazing memories and forged new relationships, and best of all, witnessed my friend's special day. Sooo well worth the upcoming, borderline abusive workouts from my trainer!!

Publication Date: 08/15/11
Read the Bermuda ports review by getskinnydelilah
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews