Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SUNSHINEGIRL0707: Carnival Liberty

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty

Sail Date: August 2011

After reading several reviews I was hesitant to attempt a Carnival cruise. My first experience was over 20 years ago and was not the best. I now thought ok, lets see. My husband, my 2 grown daughters and my 10 year old grandaughter.

Being from South Florida, Miami seemed the logical port. We arrived, luggage was taken with ease. We completed our boarding and off we went.

We were able to enter our cabins pretty soon, which were very nice,simple, larger than I thought having the aft cabin. Bathroom adequate, afew samples left for use. i.e toothpast, razors, lotion.

We went to the upper deck for some lunch. The food was adequate, nothing special burgers, hotdogs, chicken strips. Ice tea, lemonade, water.

The ship as a whole was very nice. Large hallways, nice decor, dining room very pretty. The bars, lounges, casino all very nice.

Food now is another story, we were seated the 5 of us, with another family of 5 which was ok they were lovely More people, we had a great 7 nights together.

The wait staff was overwhelmed with the amount of people and tables, many large tables of 10, we had a waitress, and her 2 assistants which were too many for that amount, therefore the service was lacking.

We had just sat when she wanted our order, not even looking at the menu at that point. Napkins still folded. We asked her for more time.

The assistant gave us some bread and rolls, which were very good.

The basket was then taken away. Which was very odd.

The menu was short, afew good selections there was always something we would order plus a standard everyday set menu.

The food came out with a very nice presentation. Unfortunately the taste didnt match up. The entire week the quality and taste were lacking.The service follow up was slow at best. The matri d stood at the front never rounding never speaking to any table until the last night when tip time came around. We received an envelope in our stateroom the night before, which I have never seen and found to be in poor taste. When he did speak over the PA system no one could understand what he said due to a thick ancient.

The shows were ok, The 2 production shows were good, the other nights were ok,

nothing I would see again. A hypnotist, a guy with a yo yo act. The entertainment was pretty poor.

We didnt use the kids camp she was too young for some and too old for the others. They had a family friendly comedy 2 guys lasting about 15 minutes each.

The ship was very nice as stated but I will probably not be returning to carnival anytime soon. I will stick to Celebrity and get more than I paid for as always, thanks Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8448

large balcony, didnt care for the aft sections of the ship too much movement

LOVED It booked a 2 tank dive with Oasis dive company they met us at the end of the pier broke up into groups and boarded the dive boat, After safety and equipment review we went out to our first stop. The guys on board were great our dive master Craig was wonderful. Richard the other was also great and their assistant was very very helpful. We had 2 great dives with alot of fish, reefs and walls well worth the money.

Arrived in port at 7:00 AM had to be back at 3:00PM Very hot day walked around. some shopping had lunch at Raices our fav resturant when in old San Juan. Had seen the city before, we kept it short.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

We took a small open truck ride with Joseph Denis great guy, good guide took serval of us up the mountain, to several stops. We then went to Megan's Bay, always saw from a distance but now got a chance to be on it. There is a charge to enter, which as ok. They had changing rooms to use. The water was blue and warm with alot of jellyfish. That shortened our stay. Joseph came back to pick us up and back to the ship. We shopped got alot of better liquor deals, the ship credited us back the money difference. Take a pix of the price and show them some were over $10. difference St Thomas was nice, the people were friendly helpful, would return

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews