Coral Princess 3

FredT
Member Since 2008
212 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was a "family" vacation with members ranging from 5 to 65 in our party. I found this ship to be "average" with a couple of odd observations.

First, there is NO bar or lounge where anyone can watch TV. Not an issue until there is a major sporting event that part of your group HAS to see. (On this trip it was the Womens World Cup championships.) Not only was it not available in any bar or lounge, but not even on TV's in rooms. While not a big deal for me, it certainly was for other members of our party. (And considering the numbers of people asking at the front desk, others also.)

The second oddity was the lack of a club/disco for the younger set. This was the first ship I have ever sailed on that had no dedicated "club" for the "20 something" set. (There was an open lounge that was "converted" at 10 PM, but it was a joke according to my son/daughter/nephew.) I do realize that Alaska cruises attract an older clientele, BUT...

Aside from that, Princess More does do most things right. Food was "on par" with most other mass market lines, service was excellent, everything was clean, well kept and presented well. The only negative was the bar service in the Wheelhouse lounge, where the wait staff spent more time chatting among themselves than helping customers. (Having said THAT, the Wheelhouse lounge itself was a wonderful place, open, cozy, and with wonderful entertainment.)

As far as the cruise itself goes, excellent. Considering the size of Ketchikan, Skagway, and even Juneau, the ports were not mobbed, and there were a number of excellent excursions available. (I could go on for hours on the 10 hr train excursion in Skagway.... but lets just say it far exceeded expectations.)

In closing, Princess provided what it claimed to, in a comfortable, relaxed way. Lots of kids (and BTW I am told by the two parents in our group that the Kids program was spectacular.) but few unattached college age types. Like most of my Princess experiences (There have been 4) I leave with few horrible, OR Spectacular memories OF THE SHIP. (The itinerary, location, and scenery were spectacular.) Less

Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska

Helpful? Thank FredT
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review

Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?