Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Victoria Perry

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Victoria Perry
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Victoria Perry
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

A Mediterranean Masterpiece!
From the very very start of our holiday, Celebrity Cruises made embarkation effortless, which we usually struggle with being a family of 6 and my dad having a prosthetic leg. It was quick, easy and there was hardly any waiting around. We were then greeted with a glass of champagne, a classy touch to a truly first class adventure! My parents had a disabled room, which suited every one of my dad's needs, and he had no trouble accessing anything in their room- the rest of the ship also provided disabled facilities every step of the way, which is very rare for us to find on holiday. Our concierge class staterooms were perfect and surprisingly spacious, and the balcony really made all the difference.

After quickly unpacking, my siblings and I were eager to explore the ship, and we were gobsmacked... It looked big from the outside, but from the inside it had EVERYTHING! 10 restaurants, countless bars, a sports court, the huge theatre, the gym, the aqua spa- the list goes on! It was amazing for us children, and we can imagine it was perfect for all ages above and below ours (12-18). I can't emphasise enough that there literally was never a dull moment on the ship! Every minute of the day there was something fun going on, and the crew were so lovely and laid back, so you could participate in as little or as much as you liked! The interior design was incredible, we were forever amazed at the artwork or the furniture or something else! I'd read online that the service was good, but the service of the crew was truly something special. We didn't some across a single crew member that didn't look or sound unhappy, which made the atmosphere so pleasant. Everyone was always smiling or chatting, which made you feel like you were the only person on the ship!

The food was faultless! Every night the menus were creative and dynamic, and the variety was huge! If your waiter thought you were even the slightest bit unhappy with your food, they'd instantly be on the case at an attempt of perfection. I don't think there was one night where I didn't have all 4 courses at the main restaurant! My parents went to the speciality restaurant 'Murano' one evening, and said it was the best food they'd ever had. I didn't go to a speciality restaurant, but from what I've heard; they were out of this world! Everything about our dining experience was perfection.

The entertainment was amazing- we went to every show, and were never disappointed. There was something for everyone, and all the acts were truly spectacular; from the dancers to the comedians. The live musicians were also brilliant. What I also loved about the entertainment, was that you saw every act at least twice during your stay. They were incorporated into many different aspects of the cruise ship, always giving you something to watch or listen to.

The ports were lovely, however... I would only really recommend excursions for Rome and Florence/Pisa, because we got a package deal which meant we went on one for every single port! It got very tired and boring, so I didn't really appreciate the countries to their full as we were never left alone. That was our fault really for booking them, but some of the tourguides were dull and made the experience boring and unpleasant.

This was our first and most certainly not the last cruise with Celebrity, and what a way to introduce us to the Cruising lifestyle! Thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, and looking foward to the next! Guarenteed you will have the time of your life- it's impossible not to with Celebrity!

Publication Date: 08/14/11