Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by bingonut: Our first crise on Enchantment of the Seas

bingonut
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Canada & New England Cruises

Our first crise on Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was our fifth cruise with RCCL and the ports were enjoyable to see. We had sailed on Grandeur of the Seas twice out of Baltimore and to tell you the truth even though they are both the same class of ship I enjoyed our cruises on Grandeur better.

For some reason the change to the jogging deck just didn't appeal to me. That hump in the middle for some reason. I use a walker with wheels to get around. Other then that the other changes were OK.

We always book a cabin mid-way between the elevators so that either way we go it is the same distance. We almost always end up using the wrong elevator to return to our cabin when we booked a cabin more to the end of the passageway.

We enjoyed all of the ports we went to and I was surprised to see how clean Boston was on our ride to Faneuil Hall and at the markets. I was brought up outside of Boston and for the most part Boston wasn't kept that clean.

As with our cruises on Grandeur and Explorer we cannot More find any reason to complain about the food or the service in the dinning room.

Our host on Enchantment was a lot more attentive to our table the as were the ones on the other ships but our waiter and his attendant were very good.

Our cabin boy was also very good as was the rest of the crew.

We are booked on Enchantment for a cruise to the Bahamas in March of 2012 and are looking forward to it. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 4046

We requested a queen size bed but found out that I had a problem getting around it so we asked our cabin boy to change it to twin beds and by the time we went to breakfast and returned it was done. We had a excellent cabin steward as we have on all of our cruises with RCCL. They all have earned an extra gratuity from us. Other then that it is a ship cabin so ou have to expect some smallness in the layout. A lot better then I had in the Navy.

I can't say too much good about Baltimore I will tell you to watch the people around you when in Baltimore. There are numerous muggings in Baltimore every day around the inner harbor where most people would go. I gave this a 2 rating because of the crime in Baltimore. It is easy to get to the cruise port from where I live but I wish they had built it on the other side of the Key Bridge. We are restricted to the size of the ships that can enter the cruise port. A port around the Dundalk area would have no restrictions Coming from the south there would be a toll for a bridge or tunnel unless you wanted to go via downtown Baltimore. Got some pictures as we were departing port of Baltimore and down the bay.

Bar Harbor is nice except for the climb up the hill to see all the shops. It was a little difficult for me with my walker. There is a seat on my walker so I was able to stop and rest every once in a while going up the hill. A lot of nice stores to shop in. There is a very good seafood restaurant on the pier. Lots of pictures

We rode the trolley supplied by RCCL to Faneuil Hall and enjoyed the markets. When I was a kid I went to the markets with a wholesale fruit and produce vendor and it sure has changed since then. At the time trucks and wagons backed up to a platform where the vender's purchased there wares. I don't know which building it was but it is different then when I was a kid, 1930s. Got some more good pictures.

Read 223 Boston Reviews

Halifax was nice except when I was there before in the 1950s there were vender's selling fish and chips on the street. Couldn't find any this time. There were shops on the pier here also and that is where we spent part of our day. More pictures

Read 356 Halifax Reviews

We went on a bus and walking tour and were able to get off of the bus and walk and shop and then board another bus to return to the ship. A good idea, more cities should look into this. We got off on the street where there was a LL Bean outlet store. I can't remember the name. Did a little shopping in there. A few pictures.

We stayed in the dock area so we didn't see any of the city. There is a large sale tent on the dock if you just want to shop. We went through that and shopped. Our Son in Law and Daughter were with us and they toured for a short distance outside the gate but they said that there was not much to see. There are pink double decker buses that leave the dock area every so oten so I would say if you want to see the city take one of those. I don't know what the fare is. Good pictures